News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Access SMF Panel For My Forum

Started by UnchainedPreppers, January 21, 2021, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnchainedPreppers

Gee willakers this is going to sound stupid.

I can not find the log in screen for the admin panel. I have looked on my cPanel and in the domains file directory. Not to mention a few trips to YouTube. So far I can not figure it out.

Background

In 2013, a friend put together a forum for me using SMF. No big deal when I needed something changed or done I just asked him to do it. As would have it, he has dropped off the face of the earth and I need a few tweaks done to the banner and theme of my forum. Rumor has it he has moved to Argentina. Mmmm, the plot thickens. Anyway...

I went to look in my cPanel to see if there was a way into the SMF panel there. Nada. Well at least I could not find it. So no worries I went into the dark cave of my log in info and signed in liceity split here to the SMF help forum. Searched the manual and I could not find what I needed. Looked through other folks questions and tried the Q&A section too, but to no avail. Hence this posting.

In an other current job I use WordPress daily. There is a log in page you go to and sign into the sites WP panel. Make changes as per the clients wishes. Check the main page to make sure the changes have taken. Sign out and move on. Maybe I should move to a far off country too? ;-)

Any help would be appreciated.

73 & God Bless
JohnyMac

Sir Osis of Liver

There is no login screen for ACP.  If you're an admin, you'll see an Admin button in main menu.  If not, and you have cpanel access, you can make yourself admin by editing database.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

UnchainedPreppers

Sir Osis of Liver

Damn! How simple. It was right there on my page under admin.

Thank you.

Now I can use the manual to fix the few things that need to be fixed.

JohnyMac

Advertisement: