News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Database Error

Started by coastalfans, March 06, 2021, 12:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalfans

Hi,

Just tonight I've started getting the following Database errors on my website:

When attempting to delete a post:

Table 'coastalfans_smf2.smf_log_search_words' doesn't exist in engine
File: /home/coastalfans/public_html/forum/Sources/RemoveTopic.php
Line: 486

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

When attempting to post a new topic:

Table 'coastalfans_smf2.smf_log_search_words' doesn't exist in engine
File: /home/coastalfans/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2027

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I am using an Administrator-level account and basically cannot do anything when it comes to posting or deleting.  What's happening here?

EDIT: Running SMF 2.0.17, but actually just upgraded to this tonight in hopes it would fix the error; was running 2.0.15 when the errors started.

shadav

whatever mod you installed was either not installed completely or not removed completely

it's telling you that in your database you are missing
smf_log_search_words

when you installed the mod were there any errors during the install? or did you add it by hand and forget to run the database install part of the mod?

coastalfans

Quote from: shadav on March 06, 2021, 12:40:24 AM
whatever mod you installed was either not installed completely or not removed completely

it's telling you that in your database you are missing
smf_log_search_words

when you installed the mod were there any errors during the install? or did you add it by hand and forget to run the database install part of the mod?

I did not install any mods before this error began occurring.

shadav

I just checked smf 2.0.18, 2.0.17, and 2.0.15
smf_log_search_words
is not a default smf database table, so at some point you added a modification and either tried to remove it but didn't remove everything or it didn't install everything...

you edited to say that you updated your site, how did you update it? large package updates or patches?

coastalfans

Quote from: shadav on March 06, 2021, 12:48:32 AM
smf_log_search_words
is not a default smf database table, so at some point you added a modification and either tried to remove it but didn't remove everything or it didn't install everything...

you edited to say that you updated your site, how did you update it? large package updates or patches?

I haven't tried to add or remove any mods to the site in at least 7 months - this error suddenly began occurring within the past hour, so I'm not sure why this would have suddenly cropped up now.  I updated the site through the SMF Administration Center, but again the error was occurring before I updated to a newer version of SMF.

The only mods I currently have installed are:

Ohara YouTube Embed
Add Social Media Icons To Profiles
Embed Tweet BBCode
Order Custom Profile Fields

The site theme I am using is Reseller.

shadav

after searching a few hundred posts...I found this

Quote from: Rumbaar on March 18, 2009, 06:14:30 AM
{$prefix}log_search_words is created when you create a custom search index.  It appears you've created a custom search index but now it's been lost or dumped at the server level.

You can try and recreate it via the Search section of AdminCP.

coastalfans

Quote from: shadav on March 06, 2021, 12:58:24 AM

{$prefix}log_search_words is created when you create a custom search index.  It appears you've created a custom search index but now it's been lost or dumped at the server level.

So if I switch this (attached) to full-text, the error should resolve itself?

Also how would I access the custom search index to make a backup of it before switching away from it, just in case?

shadav

Quote from: coastalfans on March 06, 2021, 01:02:10 AM

Also how would I access the custom search index to make a backup of it before switching away from it, just in case?

not sure, I'd say switch to full-text and then back to custom

as for backing it up....according to the error it doesn't exist, so there's nothing to backup, unless you have a backup already then you could pull that table out of your backup

to back up a db go to your hosting account and then to phpmyadmin then click on the database and press export to backup the entire db
or click on one of the tables in that database, in this case smf_log_search_words then press on export just to save a copy of that single table

coastalfans

Quote from: shadav on March 06, 2021, 01:06:15 AM
Quote from: coastalfans on March 06, 2021, 01:02:10 AM

not sure, I'd say switch to full-text and then back to custom

as for backing it up....according to the error it doesn't exist, so there's nothing to backup, unless you have a backup already then you could pull that table out of your backup

to back up a db go to your hosting account and then to phpmyadmin then click on the database and press export to backup the entire db
or click on one of the tables in that database, in this case smf_log_search_words then press on export just to save a copy of that single table

This appears to have done the trick!  Thanks so much :)

Sorry if I asked any stupid questions, this happened right as I was about to go to bed after a long day and my brain was shot.  I really appreciate your help!  :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Check your search settings - Forum -> Search -> Search method.
Do you have some index set up?
The table is a part of SMF search functionality, but without checking I think it's only used with a custom index.

EDIT: I see this was already covered, I was slow :P

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

coastalfans

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 06, 2021, 01:16:46 AM
Check your search settings - Forum -> Search -> Search method.
Do you have some index set up?
The table is a part of SMF search functionality, but without checking I think it's only used with a custom index.

EDIT: I see this was already covered, I was slow :P

No worries!  I appreciate you offering the help anyway :)

shadav

hey I learned something new too  :laugh:

it's not created at the install of smf, which is why I thought it was from a mod, but it is part of smf, but it is only created when you use custom indexing on search

glad that that worked :)

Advertisement: