Customizing SMF > SMF Coding Discussion

URL to new tab

(1/3) > >>

BigAlGeorge:
I have a board which goes to url.
Is there any construct to get the url to a new window?
Thanks,
Al.

Shambles:
Do you mean you have a "redirect board" and you want it to open in a new window?

If so, you can make the board redirect in a new tab by checking the "If you enable this option, redirected boards would be opened in a new tab" option when adding/modifying the board.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:
It's not a built in option, but there's a mod for it
Redirected Boards in a new Tab

Shambles:
Quite right Lex - I forgot that I'd added that mod to give the option.

BigAlGeorge:

--- Quote from: Shambles on June 06, 2021, 05:53:44 AM ---Do you mean you have a "redirect board" and you want it to open in a new window?

If so, you can make the board redirect in a new tab by checking the "If you enable this option, redirected boards would be opened in a new tab" option when adding/modifying the board.

--- End quote ---

The mod came up with a bunch of install error warnings so I didnt go further with that.
The function is under admin settings modify board this board has a url when clicked which needs to open a new window first.
If I had a debugger working I would have been able to follow the logic.

Note your reply 'redirect to a new tab' I cant find any such settings but this is not whats wanted its the url function within Boards.

Lastly, Ive changed the topic name as I would appreciate tip on how to set permissions so that this Board is not visible till the user is logged in.

Thank you gentlemen for your assistance.
Al.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version