News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pre formatted new Post

Started by BigAlGeorge, June 07, 2021, 07:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlGeorge

Hi is there a mod to do this?

From my Sticky Post in my forum I want users to be able to click on a link, which takes them to a pre-formatted new post in the same board.

EG:
(new post with preformat Title I'll be available for video chat)
Approximate start/end date and time __________________________
My username______________________________________________
Favourite beers____________________________________________

Hopefully the above makes sense. So that a user reading my sticky just clicks on a link which makes the preformatted new post for them to fill in the details?

Thanks, Al.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Kindred on June 07, 2021, 08:58:52 PM
Custom forms mod

Cant install comes up with weird: "This mod requires a minimum of PHP %s in order to function. (You are currently running PHP %s)"

Im using PHP 7.4

Ideas? thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

Custom forms mod 2.0.0 installs fine in php 7.4.  Do you have current version?  Have you confirmed server is actually running php 7.4?  Cpanel will sometimes report incorrect version.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 07, 2021, 10:42:27 PM
Custom forms mod 2.0.0 installs fine in php 7.4.  Do you have current version?  Have you confirmed server is actually running php 7.4?  Cpanel will sometimes report incorrect version.
Im using DirectAdmin and just changed to PHP 7.3 same error. What has me stymied is the error is as I reported before and it looks like SMF is not identifying the version correctly otherwise % would be replaced with version (unless there is a script error in version check error code)

BigAlGeorge

When I download the mod it shows as version 1.8, not 2. I cant see any option to download 2 from SMF mods
With file version 2.0 it shows as version 1.8 so that is not the problem.

Sir Osis of Liver

I believe %s are placeholders, the mod installer is not able to detect php version.  Installs for me in php 7.2 and 7.4.  You can try posting in mod support topic -

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=248871.0

Version 2.0.0 installs as 1.8, wouldn't worry about that.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

BigAlGeorge

What I tried was modifying .htaccess thus:

<FilesMatch "\.(php4|php5|php7|php3|php2|php|phtml)$">
SetHandler application/x-lsphp70
</FilesMatch>

Made no difference the Forms mod still throws up same php error - definitely Im using Version 7.4

live627

That htaccess directive probably isn't needed since it tells the server to process php files with php 7.0.

BigAlGeorge

Solved; it was as simple as .htaccess removing Code:

#In order to change the version to 7.0 -

<FilesMatch "\.(php4|php5|php7|php3|php2|php|phtml)$">
SetHandler application/x-lsphp80
</FilesMatch>

Which is very odd because I manually added that after PHP was not identified properly by mod

Advertisement: