News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question regarding update to SMF 2.0.17 to SMF 2.0.18

Started by tdennis, June 20, 2021, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

I am trying to update to SMF 2.0.17 to SMF 2.0.18 and had an error finding this code to replace with the 2.0.18 code.

This is what should be there

$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0.17';
@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

This is actually there (index.php)

$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0.17';
@ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');

Note the difference in the memory_limit in what the script says should be there and want is actually there. I have no idea why it is different unless its a setting I made and forgot about. My question is should I just manually put the proper code in place except for the "512M"?

Sorry but its been years and years since I have worked with this type of stuff, I have gotten older (78) and software has changed so much since the 80's!

Dennis

Sir Osis of Liver

Default memory limit is 128M, someone upped it manually to 512M.  I've done this on several forums to address problems with attachment uploads (did I ever work on yours?).  2.0.18 default code looks like this -

$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0.18';
@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

I'd leave it at 512M.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tdennis

Thanks that's what I had thought I should do but was not sure. No you never worked on mine but a friend of mine did, I feel sure he did it trying to correct some problems we had. He's wasn't around to ask.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.
Dennis

Advertisement: