News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Theme alterations made in RC2

Started by Grudge, November 23, 2005, 05:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt McFarland

Since I updated to RC2  I have this horrid gray backround behind sticky posts at the top of the tables.
http://www.shmup-dev.com/index.php?board=20.0

How can I get rid of those??  Do I have to wait for safblue update or is there anything I should add into the existing style.css?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Matt McFarland

Thanks, that fixed one prob, but the sticky topics are still ugly gray.. any ideas?

bloc

Quote from: 3guk on January 03, 2006, 12:59:18 PM
How are we themers meant to keep up when you do not provide all the changed code?

Many people modify more than the index.template.php and yet you do not provide updated code for anything else ?

At the moment I can not get to features / settings because my template is out of date, I have no way of updating the template as I do not know what code has changed where?

Come on guys, you need to provide us with more than this.

Could you tell me where the other theme edits need to be made ?

If the need is there I can describe in detail what needs to be done to update a 1.0.5 and 1.1rc1 theme to 1.1rc2?

Although many things seem to be new and unclear, some of it are actually ways to make sure your themes DO work good with the new default. Since the departure from image buttons to pure textlinks, there became a need to make sure button-based themes work still - and not show textlinks all of sudden instead.

EG

Quote from: Matt McFarland on January 03, 2006, 03:44:02 PM
Thanks, that fixed one prob, but the sticky topics are still ugly gray.. any ideas?

Change your windowbg3 in the style.css to the colour you want

JayBachatero

Ok I think he added the change to the wrong style.css.  I checked safblue and the windowbg3 is not there.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

EG

he could add it then ;)

.windowbg3
{
color: #000000;
background-color: #E0E1E8;
}

changing the grey (#E0E1E8) to whatever

ive found since upgrading that not all style.css have the necessary style links.... so have had to add what i need :-\

Matt McFarland

That did the trick!! Thanks a lot!!!  :D

galgoz

The new theme has a Most Online Ever stat.  How do you add this to your custom themes or the old default theme?

bloc

Just add these lines to BoardIndex.template where the "online users" are..or in any other spot:
', $txt['most_online_today'], ': <b>', $modSettings['mostOnlineToday'], '</b>.
', $txt['most_online_ever'], ': ', $modSettings['mostOnline'], ' (' , timeformat($modSettings['mostDate']), ')

galgoz

Figured it out.  Thanks for the help.  I edit the code to look like this in this specific area.

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.

if (!empty($context['users_online']))
echo '
', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

echo '
<br />', $context['show_stats'] && !$settings['show_sp1_info'] ? '
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=stats">' . $txt['smf223'] . '</a>' : '', '
</div>
<hr>
', $txt['most_online_today'], ': <b>', $modSettings['mostOnlineToday'], '</b>.
', $txt['most_online_ever'], ': ', $modSettings['mostOnline'], ' (' , timeformat($modSettings['mostDate']), ')
</td>
</tr>';

kisii

I have been following the conversation but have not heard anyone mention integrations. I have SMF and Photopost, I have it so that the photopost uses the same theme that I have on SMF, worked just fine until RC2. What happens now is that Photopost displays my theme ONLY when one is logged in ( using SMF tables) but as soon as someone logs out, the them on the photopost install changes to the default theme while my SMF is using the modified theme. I contacted the Photopost folks and they are reluctant to touch anything until SMf goes gold, but they suggested that I should do the edit below:

You need to run the query I noted cause it should return a value like so

http://www.kenyans.org/discussions/Themes/Kenyan

I think your styleid is 5 but dont know

SELECT value FROM smf_themes
WHERE variable ='theme_url' AND ID_THEME = '5'

or maybe this if it is not a number

SELECT value FROM smf_themes
WHERE variable ='theme_url' AND ID_THEME = 'kenyan'

I tried changing that value but did not see a difference.  How can I fix this issue?
PS: I have also tried to create a new them based on the new default theme but used the same  style.css but it is the same thing

3guk

Whats happening with the topic that lists all the updates then ???

Desperate for it !!!

LostProphecy

i'm hoping someone can answer my question  here...

evev since i've used SMF i've had about 20 coloured themes, these are all moddeled similar to the classic theme, in my theme's folders i've only ever used 'index.template.php' and 'style.css' plus the images folder, i've never used the other files like 'boardindex.template.php' and those other ones...

this has been easy for me as when i install mods like the experience bar and the shop and forum picture view mods i've never had to edit my themes cause they would automatically grab all those things and they would appear in my themes for me... easy...

however updating to RC2 i've discovered that my themes no longer work with modifications, the modifications only work in the default theme...

what has changed since RC1 that has stopped my themes from being about to pull the default 'boardindex.template.php', 'messageindex.template.php' and 'displayindex.template.php' into my themes...

i really don't want to have to go through and add these 3 files to my >20 themes...

is there something i can add to each themes 'index.template.php' and 'style.css' or am i going to have to just live with the fact that it simply doesn't work that way anymore and i'm going to have to add those 3 files to all my themes?

~Jessi
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

EG

i would suggest updating the index.template.php and style.css files for each theme, with those on the first page ..

its more likely to be from that end the problem lies

(I have the same probs :( with about 17 themes on my forum :( - facing the task of updating each of them :()

LostProphecy

doing those things on the front page of my thread does nothing...

at the moment the only way i've getting mod addition to show up in my themes is if i load the template for which it refers to....

for example i need to load a modified copy of the classic message.template.php to my customized theme folder just to get the shop money count and view inventory link to show up in my message view...

i've never had to do this ever before so i was just wondering why this is so
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

mpetrie

Two problems with RC2:

• The News Fader doesn't display correctly. In SMF 1.0.5 it's fine, but with RC2 and IE6 the page loads and displays correctly, but after the item fades out and the next item fades in it's like the text has a black border added, with Mizilla 1.6 the text before the link is incorrectly drawn in black (see: http://www.simuser.com) - it looks like IE is trying to draw the correct blue colour and what Mozilla is incorrectly drawing at the same time - the text should be blue
  • Search template not updated, I don't know why?
The forum is using a converted YaBB Classic that I've maintained since YaBB days - restoring the tweaked graphics with every update! Testing the new default theme doesn't correct the News Fader display.

Mike

LostProphecy

i have now discovered that i am having problems with new themes, i just created myself a new theme and it shows up fine in admin where i can modify everything and it gives me a sample display when modifying the style sheet but when i come to set myself to that theme (via the profile) it's not showing up in my list and i have no idea why... i'm not sure if this is in relation t mpetrie (above) "search template not updated"
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

J. S.

Well.. I have created a theme for RC2 but in RC1 I am getting a missing copyright error! If I replace  Subs.php with the one from the RC2 pack, the theme will work...

Why?

P.S. I do have ', theme_copyright(), ' in index.template.php

EDIT: It`s not from the index.template.php, I have replaced it with a RC1 and I am getting the same error..

bloc

Thats because the copyright check has changed some in RC1 and RC2. Try rather to compare index.template from rc1 and rc2 and work out what needs to be changed in your theme.

Advertisement: