News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do I delete an admin user?

Started by viking9, September 03, 2021, 04:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viking9

We have a several admin users, and I would like to delete one of them. However, the checkbox for all admins are greyed out.

Illori

the checkbox where? you should be able to delete them from the profile without issue.

Doug Heffernan

He probably means the checkbox in the memberlist in the Acp.

Shades.

Maybe try changing that admin to a regular member and delete that way.
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're having a really bad day, you can delete your own admin account in your profile.  (Don't try this at home.)
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

viking9

Quote from: Illori on September 03, 2021, 04:53:29 AMthe checkbox where? you should be able to delete them from the profile without issue.
I meant the checkbox in the Manage Members | View All Members

Quote from: Shades. on September 03, 2021, 06:16:00 AMMaybe try changing that admin to a regular member and delete that way.
Yes, that did the trick. I had to change the admin to a regular member. The checkbox was then not grayed anymore and I could check and delete.

Kindred

I'm betting that you have a mod installed which prevents the deletion of admin accounts.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: