News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

GamingX

Started by TwitchisMental, January 23, 2024, 05:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Link to the theme

GamingX
A multi color gaming inspired SMF theme.

Features :
Adjustable Forum Width
Customizable Footer
Remixed Info Center
Social Icons
Avatars on board index & message index.(Can be enabled or disabled)
Font Awesome Icons

License :

Font Awesome License - https://fontawesome.com/license/free

SMF Version :

Patch Notes:

1.0: Initial Release

Steve

Awesome. Just downloaded it and will give it a look.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 23, 2024, 06:43:18 PMAwesome. Just downloaded it and will give it a look.  :)
Is it Steve approved yet XD ?

Steve

Lol ... there is one tiny thing I'd like to change which I PM'ed you about on my forum.  :P

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on January 24, 2024, 03:42:05 PMLol ... there is one tiny thing I'd like to change which I PM'ed you about on my forum.  :P
PM sent. 

Incase anyone else is curious.

To remove the ! on the left side of the news slide.

Open boardindex.template.php

Find and remove -

<div class="news_section_left"><i class="fa-solid fa-exclamation"></i></div>

Plus

how can i fill logo image %100 ?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Plus on January 25, 2024, 07:38:13 AMhow can i fill logo image %100 ?
You would need to make the logo the same size as the container which is 1200px by default.

That or you could add something like this to the index.css.

.forumtitle img {
width: 100%;
}

Do note that this will stretch the image.

Bugo

I approve, the portal looks very stylish :)

Plus

Quote from: TwitchisMental on January 25, 2024, 09:38:57 AM
Quote from: Plus on January 25, 2024, 07:38:13 AMhow can i fill logo image %100 ?
You would need to make the logo the same size as the container which is 1200px by default.

That or you could add something like this to the index.css.

.forumtitle img {
width: 100%;
}

Do note that this will stretch the image.

Thank you.

Lucarella

Hi TwitchisMental, congratulations on the new theme, I tried it and it's nice.
I'll ask you a question... If I wanted to eliminate the colors to just have it dark, is that possible? Or do you have to rewrite everything and it takes a long time?

Thanks in advance

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Lucarella on January 26, 2024, 01:14:14 PMHi TwitchisMental, congratulations on the new theme, I tried it and it's nice.
I'll ask you a question... If I wanted to eliminate the colors to just have it dark, is that possible? Or do you have to rewrite everything and it takes a long time?

Thanks in advance
All of the main colors are set by variables so it should be pretty easy to change. Just open up the main index.css and go down the list.  

So for example the category bar background color is set by the variable --cat_bg_color.

Lucarella

I saw the 3 variables, but I don't understand anything...
How should I edit to have everything dark?

Thank you

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Lucarella on January 26, 2024, 01:38:50 PMI saw the 3 variables, but I don't understand anything...
How should I edit to have everything dark?

Thank you
Well this is where you would need some basic CSS knowledge.

You would need to change the colors that you want to the darkness that you want.

I was giving you a basic example to get you started.

Using your web browsers inspection tool can be very useful here.  Then you just need to know what color you want to change things to. So if you want back for example.  You would change x color to hsl(0, 0%, 0%) .

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Lucarella on January 26, 2024, 01:14:14 PMI'll ask you a question... If I wanted to eliminate the colors to just have it dark, is that possible? Or do you have to rewrite everything and it takes a long time?

Could you specify on this? Did you disable user variant selection?
In that case I believe you only need to edit the index.css, and modify the value of the variables.

For example:
--cat_bg_color: linear-gradient(180deg, hsl(214, 18%, 23%) 0%, hsl(214, 14%, 17%) 100%);--cat_bg_color: #000;
It's similar to normal CSS properties.

You'd still need to use the inspector tool like @TwitchisMental said, to identify the things you want to change.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

@TwitchisMental - where the heck is the code for this line?

You cannot view this attachment.

Edit: Um, never mind, I had Dark Reader on. Oopsie.

Advertisement: