News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Our Important Topics

Started by dougiefresh, January 25, 2017, 10:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on October 01, 2021, 12:47:53 AMAny screenshots perchance? Haven't seen this mod before and wondering if its something that would be useful for me for a new 2.1 forum. 
Here ya go ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

landyvlad

Awesome - I have a couple of suggestions for future iterations
1. Ability to have that in multiple positions i.e. say top menu bar but also under profile or whatever.

2. Ability to change text from 'Our Important Topics" to custom text. 
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on October 29, 2021, 12:46:36 AMAwesome - I have a couple of suggestions for future iterations
1. Ability to have that in multiple positions i.e. say top menu bar but also under profile or whatever.
Not by default but you may be able to tweak the mod to suit your needs.

Quote2. Ability to change text from 'Our Important Topics" to custom text.
You can either change the default text strings or, and this is what I would do, add your custom text strings to the relevant language files below all the mod's default text strings (language files are read from top to bottom - this is why you must add your custom text strings below the default text strings.  Added advantage of this approach is that it doesn't cause errors if the mod is uninstalled).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: