News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cannot login to my forum

Started by mic_comte, November 05, 2021, 04:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mic_comte

I a stuck in the step below (Step 4: Database Changes).

SMF Upgrade UtilitySimple Machines Forum
Progress
Step 1: Login
Step 2: Upgrade Options
Step 3: Backup
Step 4: Database Changes
Step 5: Delete Upgrade
14%

Overall Progress
0.2%

Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 11 mins, 11 seconds.
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 3.
Executing: "Creating new tables and inserting default data..." (1 of 8 - of this script)

!!Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: mic_comte on November 08, 2021, 07:02:31 AMThe files I have in forum2 are extracted from smf_2-0-18_install.zip

Should I replace them with those from smf_2-0-18_upgrade.zip? (except Setting.php of course)

That is not necessary. All you have to do, as mentioned above, is delete the install.php file and upload the upgrade.php file and sql files from the large 2.0.28 upgrade package and then run the upgrader.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: mic_comte on November 08, 2021, 08:25:48 AMI a stuck in the step below (Step 4: Database Changes).

Progress
14%

Overall Progress
0.2%

Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 11 mins, 11 seconds.
Database Changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing: "Creating new tables and inserting default data..." (1 of 8 - of this script)

!!Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

As it says, wait a few minutes first and see what happens. How large is your database btw?

mic_comte

The *.sql of y database is 160 mb

Kindred

that's relatively small....   it will take a few refreshes that's all.

I converted a forum with over 2 gigabytes in the database.   That took over 24 hours. :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mic_comte

It does not seem to be moving. Should I click on Continue?

Progress
14%

Overall Progress
0.2%

Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 158 mins, 24 seconds.
Database Changes

!!Error!

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0 upgrade will not run on some of GoDaddy's older servers (they're that bad :P).  I've done several upgrades where I had to export the db, upgrade it on my server, then import it back to GD server.  You may have to upgrade after moving to new host.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mic_comte

Hi,
In the background I see those warnings:

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/content/29/3600029/html/forum2/upgrade.php on line 886

Warning: mysqli_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/content/29/3600029/html/forum2/upgrade.php on line 888

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/content/29/3600029/html/forum2/upgrade.php on line 1574

Warning: mysqli_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/content/29/3600029/html/forum2/upgrade.php on line 1576

Advertisement: