News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Uploading issue developed

Started by CitizenCane, December 08, 2021, 07:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitizenCane

I have an issue happening where I try to upload any file and I get a server not found error.

White screen opens a new post with nothing on it. (no text or attachment)
click back and nothing attached.
The post changes the display with no way to access admin tools on the board to remove.
I then went into the attachments directory of smf deleted the last couple attachments uploaded.
The board started working ok again but would not permit anymore attachments.
Every try to upload any type files big or small any topic and crashes only that topic.

So.....

I went into the "Attachment Settings" (where you are) and changed the directory.

QuoteAttachments directory                                        [Configure multiple attachment directories]

go into the "smf" directory, make a "new folder" named "Attachments2" for example.

Now "Configure multiple attachment directories"

"add path"

copy and paste the exist address into new path add number 2 on the end and click save bottom left.

Try upload a document to the same post now.

Hope it helps.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

White screens are usually server errors that leave an entry in the server's error log. You should try to see what caused this in the first place, in order to avoid running in to the same issue again.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: