News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Details BBC

Started by Sesquipedalian, February 22, 2022, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sesquipedalian

Link to the mod

Details BBC

A modification for SMF 2.1 that adds some BBCodes to allow users to create HTML5 summary & details elements.

Settings

The Show Details BBC button in editor toolbar admin setting is available in Administration Center ► Modification Settings ► Miscellaneous. If this setting is not enabled, users must manually enter the BBCode in their posts.

License

Details BBC, © 2022 Jon Stovell, is released under the MIT License. A full copy of this license is included in the package file.

Credits

Details BBC includes a copy of details-element-polyfill.js, © 2019 Javan Makhmali.

Changelog

Version 1.0:
  • Initial release
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Antechinus

What does it do, exactly?

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on February 22, 2022, 08:20:43 PMallow users to create HTML5 summary & details elements.

I originally developed it for a customer who wanted to be able to create collapsible FAQ question & answer documents. Others have suggested that it could be used for spoilers. It could also be used for giving bullet point lists than can be expanded for more information if the reader wants it. Basically any situation where it would be good to have a collapsible summary and detail structure to the content.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: