getting database errors when posting or if attaching a picture .

Started by geminiman, May 06, 2022, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on May 13, 2022, 09:19:03 AM@Doug Heffernan, shouldn't 'Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters' also be an option in there?

Yes, it should @Steve. It is the last option in the list.

geminiman

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on May 12, 2022, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: geminiman on May 12, 2022, 07:36:17 AMROUTINE
DATABASE
MEMBERS
TOPICS
INTEGRATION HOOKS

now as what i need to do according to doug is database related i selected database , and there are only two options in there

Can you please post a screenshot of your Admin Panel->Maintenance->Database area?

Quote from: geminiman on May 12, 2022, 11:38:07 AMi dropped the field doug said to drop , the filed that was causing the error . so there is now no field and no default value . but the same error persists .

Field 'expire_date' doesn't have a default value
File: /home3/boxkings/public_html/Sources/Subs-Attachments.php
Line: 781

If that field has been droped and the mod that had added it has been uninstalled, the error should not ocurr anymore. Are you sure that you are editing the right database?

hi doug i will attach a screenshot as you ask . its attached below .

the screen shot is of Administration Center
► Forum Maintenance
► Database

as you will see there are only the two options i mentioned .

in regard the field i dropped , its the field that you told me to drop , its the expire_date field .

regarding utf8 encoding i noticed that the upgrade tool for me stopped at 74% right when it started (supposed to start ) encoding in utf8 . it never left 74% even tho it sat there over an hour. i just thought that might be relevant .

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on May 13, 2022, 11:59:24 AMhi doug i will attach a screenshot as you ask . its attached below .

the screen shot is of Administration Center
► Forum Maintenance
► Database

as you will see there are only the two options i mentioned .

That is strange, it should be there. I noticed in the screenshot that you are using a custom theme. Can you switch to the default one and have another look?

Quote from: geminiman on May 13, 2022, 11:59:24 AMin regard the field i dropped , its the field that you told me to drop , its the expire_date field .

If that field was dropped and the mod that had added it had been uninstalled, the error should not happen anymore.

Quote from: geminiman on May 13, 2022, 11:59:24 AMregarding utf8 encoding i noticed that the upgrade tool for me stopped at 74% right when it started (supposed to start ) encoding in utf8 . it never left 74% even tho it sat there over an hour. i just thought that might be relevant .

Yes, it might be relevant. Your database tables have different collation charatcters.

geminiman

hi doug i reverted back to the default theme , and its exactly the same , just those two options .

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on May 13, 2022, 02:11:53 PMhi doug i reverted back to the default theme , and its exactly the same , just those two options .

That is strange. That option should be there, as shown in the screenshot that I posted in one of my previous post above.

You will need to use some sort of script to convert all your database tables to utf-8 seeing the fact that you do not have that option at your forum 's Admin Panel. Or you can try to convert them through the More tab at your phpmyadmin.

Do you have Telnet/SSH access?

Anyway, however you do it, do not forget to make first a backup of the database before the utf-8 conversion.

geminiman

hi doug and thanks as always .

i had a look in phpmyadmin , im not sure if i have that MORE option . my host may call it something different of course . i am assuming in phpmyadmin that i select the database in question ? . after that then i dont see a more option . i can give you a screenshot if it helps .

as for the ssh or telnet script , if you tell me what to do i will give it a go .

my host takes backups , i pay them for that . also i have a backup and restore tool on the host that does it also . thanks again

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on May 14, 2022, 04:42:24 PMi had a look in phpmyadmin , im not sure if i have that MORE option . my host may call it something different of course . i am assuming in phpmyadmin that i select the database in question ? . after that then i dont see a more option . i can give you a screenshot if it helps .

Do you have a tab called Operations? If you do, click it and the option to convert the database tables and columns collation to utf 8 is the very last option, at the bottom. I will attach a screenshot here of it.

Do not forget to backup your database first. I know that you know this by now, but it bears repeating :D

Try this method first. It is easier than performing the utf-8 conversion via Telnet/SSH. Hope it helps. Please let us know if you will have any questions.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on May 15, 2022, 06:32:52 AMScreenshots always help.  :)

How does that saying go? A picture is worth a thousand words :D

Doug Heffernan

Hello @geminiman. I am following up on this. Did you manage to convert the collations to utf-8 for your all your database tables and columns?

geminiman

hi doug sorry for not getting back to you . been having a personal problem ,and just did not have my head or heart in this sort of thing .to be honest still not my self . but hey what can you do ? . so i saw that some info has been posted here which is great .  ive currently got about 10000 errors showing , at a rate of about 800 to 900 a day , so im hoping this is the start atleast of putting my site back on an even keel .
ok so i followed the above collation instructions and it worked a treat .as you say picture worth a thousand words ha ha . so that is one problem solved , all tables have the same character set now . been a few weeks , and a messed up head (trouble with the ladies , should know better at my age , do we ever learn when it comes to women ?  ) but what can you do ? lol . so ill have to try and remember what the other issues were , for the life of me right now i cant . but ill check up on the error log etc .

ah yes just noticed the post title , i cant attach pictures or anything else to a post . so ive checked and ive still got that same issue . the large red block of code (i posted a screen shot of that in an older post here ) did not appear this time . but the error did .here is the error again .

Database Error

if you recall with the field in question , i did add a default value (null if memory serves ) did no good , then dropped the field , and that was no good . and still this problem persists and still the error pops up . so good news bad news , one problem (the character set ) is fixed now , but still cant add attachments . cant remember if there are other errors .

UPDATE :

ok the errors in main seem to be cron errors .

https://www.satbox.info/cron.php
/home3/boxkings/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php (Line 590)
Backtrace information

Type of error: Cron
Error message Select
8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

now some cron errors are different , some have a whole bank of code attached to them , that looks asian to me in parts .i will post this below

/home3/boxkings/public_html/Sources/Subs.php (Line 529)
Backtrace information

Type of error: Database

: Incorrect string value: '\xE0\xAE\x9A\xE0\xAE\xBF...' for column 'value' at row 1

REPLACE INTO boxkingssatellite_settings(`variable`, `value`)
         VALUES
            (SUBSTRING('tld_regex', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('(?>சிங்கப்பூர்|پاکستان|فلسطين|ファッション|ישראל|همراه|संगठन|বাংলা|భారత్|ഭാരതം|дети|تونس|شبكة|ڀارت|ਭਾਰਤ|ભારત|ଭାରତ|ಭಾರತ|ලංකා|アマゾン|クラウド|グーグル|ポイント|组织机构|電訊盈科|укр|қаз|հայ|קום|قطر|कॉम|नेट|भार(?>ोत|त(?>म्|))|คอม|ไทย|ລາວ|みんな|ストア|セール|亚马逊|天主教|我爱你|淡马锡|诺基亚|飞利浦|ею|سو(?>دان|رية)|ভা(?>রত|ৰত)|გე|コム|世界|企业|佛山|信息|健康|八卦|嘉里(?>大酒店|)|在线|大拿|娱乐|家電|广东|微博|慈善|手机|招聘|时尚|書籍|机构|游戏|澳門|点看|移动|联通|谷歌|购物|通販|集团|食品|餐厅|삼성|한국|a(?>vianca|kdn|a(?>rp|a)|b(?>udhabi|ogado|arth|le|b(?>ott|vie|)|c)|c(?>ademy|tor|c(?>ountant(?>s|)|enture)|o|)|d(?>ult|ac|s|)|e(?>tna|ro|g|)|f(?>rica|l|)|g(?>akhan|ency|)|i(?>g|r(?>force|bus|tel)|)|l(?>faromeo|i(?>baba|pay)|l(?>finanz|state|y)|s(?>ace|tom)|)|m(?>sterdam|azon|fam|ica|e(?>rican(?>express|family)|x)|)|n(?>alytics|droid|quan|z)|o(?>l|)|p(?>artments|p(?>le|))|q(?>uarelle|)|r(?>chi|my|pa|a(?>mco|b)|t(?>e|)|)|s(?>sociates|da|ia|)|t(?>torney|hleta|)|u(?>ction|spost|di(?>ble|o|)|t(?>hor|o(?>s|))|)|w(?>s|)|x(?>a|)|z(?>ure|))|b(?>a(?>uhaus|yern|idu|by|n(?>a(?>narepublic|mex)|d|k)|r(?>efoot|gains|c(?>elona|lay(?>card|s))|)|s(?>ketball|eball)|)|b(?>va|c|t|)|c(?>g|n)|d|e(?>ntley|rlin|er|st(?>buy|)|a(?>uty|ts)|t|)|f|g|h(?>arti|)|i(?>ble|ke|ng(?>o|)|d|o|z|)|j|l(?>ack(?>friday|)|ue|o(?>ckbuster|omberg|g))|m(?>s|w|)|n(?>pparibas|)|o(?>ehringer|utique|ats|fa|nd|m|o(?>k(?>ing|)|)|s(?>ch|t(?>ik|on))|t|x|)|r(?>idgestone|adesco|ussels|o(?>adway|ther|ker)|)|s|t|u(?>siness|gatti|ild(?>ers|)|zz|y)|v|w|y|z(?>h|))|c(?>pa|a(?>fe|b|l(?>vinklein|l|)|m(?>era|p|)|n(?>cerresearch|on)|p(?>etown|ital(?>one|))|r(?>avan|ds|e(?>er(?>s|)|)|s|)|s(?>ino|a|e|h)|t(?>ering|holic|)|)|b(?>re|a|n|s)|c|d|e(?>nter|rn|o)|f(?>a|d|)|g|h(?>intai|urch|eap|a(?>rity|se|n(?>nel|el)|t)|r(?>istmas|ome)|)|i(?>priani|rcle|sco|t(?>adel|i(?>c|)|y(?>eats|))|)|k|l(?>eaning|aims|ub(?>med|)|i(?>ck|ni(?>que|c))|o(?>thing|ud)|)|m|n|o(?>rsica|ffee|ach|des|l(?>lege|ogne)|m(?>cast|sec|m(?>unity|bank)|p(?>uter|a(?>ny|re))|)|n(?>dos|s(?>truction|ulting)|t(?>ractors|act))|o(?>king(?>channel|)|l|p)|u(?>ntry|rses|pon(?>s|))|)|r(?>icket|edit(?>union|card|)|uise(?>s|)|own|s|)|u(?>isinella|)|v|w|x|y(?>mru|ou|)|z)|d(?>rive|clk|ds|hl|np|tv|a(?>bur|nce|d|t(?>ing|sun|a|e)|y)|e(?>mocrat|gree|al(?>er|s|)|nt(?>ist|al)|si(?>gn|)|l(?>ivery|oitte|ta|l)|v|)|i(?>amonds|gital|rect(?>ory|)|et|s(?>co(?>unt|ver)|h)|y)|j|k|m|o(?>wnload|mains|c(?>tor|s)|g|t|)|u(?>nlop|pont|rban|bai)|v(?>ag|r)|z)|e(?>quipment|vents|pson|a(?>rth|t)|c(?>o|)|d(?>eka|u(?>cation|))|e|g|m(?>erck|ail)|n(?>terprises|gineer(?>ing|)|ergy)|r(?>icsson|ni|)|s(?>tate|q|)|t(?>isalat|)|u(?>rovision|s|)|x(?>traspace|change|p(?>osed|ress|ert)))|f(?>tr|yi|a(?>mily|ge|rm(?>ers|)|i(?>rwinds|th|l)|n(?>s|)|s(?>hion|t))|e(?>edback|dex|rr(?>ari|ero))|i(?>at|lm|na(?>nc(?>ial|e)|l)|sh(?>ing|)|d(?>elity|o)|r(?>mdale|e(?>stone|))|t(?>ness|)|)|j|k|l(?>i(?>ghts|ckr|r)|o(?>rist|wers)|y)|m|o(?>undation|o(?>tball|d(?>network|)|)|r(?>sale|ex|um|d)|x|)|r(?>e(?>senius|e)|l|o(?>gans|nt(?>door|ier))|)|u(?>rniture|jitsu|tbol|n(?>d|)))|g(?>a(?>rden|me(?>s|)|l(?>l(?>ery|up|o)|)|p|y|)|b(?>iz|)|d(?>n|)|e(?>orge|nt(?>ing|)|a|)|f|g(?>ee|)|h|i(?>ft(?>s|)|v(?>ing|es)|)|l(?>ass|ob(?>al|o)|e|)|m(?>ail|bh|o|x|)|n|o(?>daddy|l(?>d(?>point|)|f)|o(?>dyear|g(?>le|)|)|p|t|v)|p|q|r(?>een|ipe|a(?>inger|phics|tis)|o(?>cery|up)|)|s|t|u(?>ardian|cci|ge|ru|i(?>tars|de)|)|w|y)|h(?>dfc(?>bank|)|gtv|sbc|bo|a(?>mburg|ngout|ir|us)|e(?>alth(?>care|)|l(?>sinki|p)|r(?>mes|e))|i(?>samitsu|tachi|phop|v)|k(?>t|)|m|n|o(?>ckey|nda|rse|use|me(?>depot|goods|s(?>ense|))|l(?>dings|iday)|s(?>pital|t(?>ing|))|t(?>mail|el(?>es|s)|)|w)|r|t|u(?>ghes|)|y(?>undai|att))|i(?>piranga|kano|bm|fm|c(?>bc|e|u)|d|e(?>ee|)|l|m(?>amat|db|mo(?>bilien|)|)|n(?>vestments|dustries|c|f(?>initi|o)|g|k|s(?>titute|ur(?>ance|e))|t(?>ernational|uit|)|)|o|q|r(?>ish|)|s(?>maili|t(?>anbul|)|)|t(?>au|v|))|j(?>cb|io|ll|nj|a(?>guar|va)|e(?>welry|tzt|ep|)|m(?>p|)|o(?>b(?>urg|s)|t|y|)|p(?>morgan|rs|)|u(?>niper|egos))|k(?>uokgroup|aufen|ddi|fh|e(?>rry(?>properties|logistics|hotels)|)|g|h|i(?>tchen|ds|nd(?>er|le)|wi|a|m|)|m|n|o(?>matsu|sher|eln)|p(?>mg|n|)|r(?>ed|d|)|w|y(?>oto|)|z)|l(?>gbt|ds|pl(?>financial|)|a(?>caixa|salle|m(?>borghini|er)|n(?>xess|c(?>aster|ia)|d(?>rover|))|t(?>robe|ino|)|w(?>yer|)|)|b|c|e(?>clerc|frak|ase|xus|g(?>al|o))|i(?>ghting|lly|psy|dl|fe(?>insurance|style|)|ke|m(?>ited|o)|n(?>coln|de|k)|v(?>ing|e)|)|k|l(?>c|p)|o(?>ndon|an(?>s|)|ft|tt(?>e|o)|ve|c(?>ker|al|us)|l)|r|s|t(?>d(?>a|)|)|u(?>ndbeck|x(?>ury|e)|)|v|y)|m(?>ba|a(?>serati|drid|keup|ttel|cys|i(?>son|f)|n(?>agement|go|)|p|r(?>shalls|riott|ket(?>ing|s|))|)|c(?>kinsey|)|d|e(?>lbourne|rckmsd|et|d(?>ia|)|m(?>orial|e)|n(?>u|)|)|g|h|i(?>crosoft|ami|l|n(?>i|t)|t(?>subishi|))|k|l(?>b|s|)|m(?>a|)|n|o(?>scow|bi(?>le|)|da|to(?>rcycles|)|e|i|m|n(?>ster|ash|ey)|r(?>tgage|mon)|v(?>ie|)|)|p|q|r|s(?>d|)|t(?>n|r|)|u(?>tual|s(?>eum|ic)|)|v|w|x|y|z)|n(?>ba|hk|tt|yc|a(?>goya|tura|me|vy|b|)|c|e(?>ustar|c|t(?>bank|flix|work|)|w(?>s|)|x(?>us|t(?>direct|))|)|f(?>l|)|g(?>o|)|i(?>nja|ssa(?>n|y)|co|k(?>on|e)|)|l|o(?>kia|rt(?>hwesternmutual|on)|w(?>ruz|tv|)|)|p|r(?>a|w|)|u|z)|o(?>kinawa|ffice|saka|pen|oo|vh|b(?>server|i)|l(?>dnavy|ayan(?>group|)|lo)|m(?>ega|)|n(?>ion|e|g|l(?>ine|))|r(?>igins|a(?>cle|nge)|g(?>anic|))|t(?>suka|t))|p(?>ccw|ub|a(?>nasonic|ssagens|ge|r(?>is|s|t(?>ners|s|y))|y|)|e(?>t|)|f(?>izer|)|g|h(?>armacy|ilips|ysio|d|o(?>ne|to(?>graphy|s|))|)|i(?>oneer|zza|c(?>s|t(?>ures|et))|d|n(?>g|k|))|k|l(?>a(?>ce|y(?>station|))|u(?>mbing|s)|)|m|n(?>c|)|o(?>litie|ker|hl|rn|st)|r(?>ess|ime|a(?>merica|xi)|o(?>gressive|tection|pert(?>ies|y)|mo|d(?>uctions|)|f|)|u(?>dential|)|)|s|t|w(?>c|)|y)|q(?>pon|ue(?>bec|st)|a)|r(?>yukyu|a(?>cing|dio)|e(?>liance|cipes|xroth|view(?>s|)|hab|st(?>aurant|)|a(?>d|l(?>estate|t(?>or|y)))|d(?>umbrella|stone|)|i(?>se(?>n|)|t)|n(?>t(?>als|)|)|p(?>ublican|air|ort)|)|i(?>c(?>oh|h(?>ardli|))|l|o|p)|o(?>gers|deo|om|c(?>her|ks)|)|s(?>vp|)|u(?>gby|hr|n|)|w(?>e|))|s(?>fr|a(?>arland|kura|fe(?>ty|)|ms(?>club|ung)|rl|ve|xo|l(?>on|e)|n(?>dvik(?>coromant|)|ofi)|p|s|)|b(?>i|s|)|c(?>ience|ot|a|b|h(?>aeffler|midt|warz|ule|o(?>larships|ol))|)|d|e(?>rvices|lect|cur(?>ity|e)|ner|ven|ek|a(?>rch|t)|s|w|x(?>y|)|)|g|h(?>ell|a(?>ngrila|rp|w)|i(?>ksha|a)|o(?>uji|es|p(?>ping|)|w(?>time|))|)|i(?>lk|te|n(?>gles|a)|)|j|k(?>i(?>n|)|y(?>pe|)|)|l(?>ing|)|m(?>art|ile|)|n(?>cf|)|o(?>ft(?>bank|ware)|hu|c(?>cer|ial)|l(?>utions|ar)|n(?>g|y)|y|)|p(?>a(?>ce|)|o(?>rt|t))|r(?>l|)|s|t(?>ream|yle|ud(?>io|y)|a(?>ples|da|te(?>bank|farm)|r)|c(?>group|)|o(?>ckholm|r(?>age|e))|)|u(?>zuki|cks|pp(?>ort|l(?>ies|y))|r(?>gery|f)|)|v|w(?>atch|iss)|x|y(?>stems|dney|)|z)|t(?>a(?>ipei|obao|rget|lk|b|t(?>too|a(?>motors|r))|x(?>i|))|c(?>i|)|d(?>k|)|e(?>masek|nnis|am|ch(?>nology|)|st|va|l)|f|g|h(?>eat(?>er|re)|d|)|i(?>ckets|ffany|enda|aa|ps|r(?>es|ol))|j(?>maxx|x|)|k(?>maxx|)|l|m(?>all|)|n|o(?>shiba|day|kyo|ols|ray|tal|urs|wn|p|y(?>ota|s)|)|r(?>ust|a(?>ining|vel(?>channel|ers(?>insurance|)|)|d(?>ing|e))|v|)|t|u(?>nes|shu|be|i)|v(?>s|)|w|z)|u(?>ol|ps|a|b(?>ank|s)|g|k|n(?>i(?>versity|com)|o)|s|y|z)|v(?>laanderen|a(?>cations|n(?>guard|a)|)|c|e(?>ntures|gas|r(?>mögensberat(?>ung|er)|sicherung|isign)|t|)|g|i(?>ajes|king|llas|rgin|deo|g|n|p|s(?>ion|a)|v(?>a|o)|)|n|o(?>yage|dka|l(?>kswagen|vo)|t(?>ing|e|o))|u(?>elos|))|w(?>hoswho|me|a(?>tch(?>es|)|ng(?>gou|)|l(?>mart|ter|es))|e(?>ather(?>channel|)|b(?>site|cam|er)|d(?>ding|)|i(?>bo|r))|f|i(?>lliamhill|en|ki|n(?>dows|ners|e|))|o(?>lterskluwer|odside|r(?>ld|k(?>s|))|w)|s|t(?>c|f))|x(?>finity|erox|box|xx|yz|i(?>huan|n))|y(?>un|a(?>maxun|chts|ndex|hoo)|e|o(?>dobashi|kohama|ga|u(?>tube|))|t)|z(?>uerich|ero|one|ip|a(?>ppos|ra|)|m|w)|ε(?>λ|υ)|б(?>ел|г)|к(?>атолик|ом)|м(?>кд|о(?>сква|н))|о(?>нлайн|рг)|р(?>ус|ф)|с(?>айт|рб)|ا(?>تصالات|بوظبي|رامكو|مارات|یران|ل(?>سعودية|بحرين|جزائر|عليان|اردن|مغرب))|ب(?>ھارت|يتك|ا(?>زار|رت))|ع(?>مان|ر(?>اق|ب))|ك(?>اثوليك|وم)|م(?>ليسيا|صر|و(?>ريتانيا|قع))|இ(?>ந்தியா|லங்கை)|中(?>文网|信|国|國)|公(?>司|益)|台(?>湾|灣)|商(?>城|店|标)|政(?>务|府)|新(?>加坡|闻)|网(?>址|店|站|络)|香(?>格里拉|港)|닷(?>넷|컴))', 1, 65534))

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on May 28, 2022, 11:48:27 AMhi doug sorry for not getting back to you .

No worries :)

Quote from: geminiman on May 28, 2022, 11:48:27 AMone problem (the character set ) is fixed now

Glad to see that this issue has been fixed.

Quote from: geminiman on May 28, 2022, 11:48:27 AMhe error did .here is the error again .

Database Error

if you recall with the field in question , i did add a default value (null if memory serves ) did no good , then dropped the field , and that was no good . and still this problem persists and still the error pops up

Both of those things should have fixed this issue as well. Are you sure that you did both those things in the right database? Can you do something for me, can you click the Structure tab for the smf_attachments table at the database that you have used to install the forum that has this issue, make a screenshot of it and post it here?

geminiman

yes definately the right database doug . the table was attachments . the field for attachments as you will see in the screenshot is not there .

in fact having now just attached a screenshot here for you i tried to attach the very same screenshot on my own site in the staff section . on this site i am shown a small picture of the screenshot in a wide box with a green background , and i get the UPLOAD option . on my site i get neither .

by the way with the cron errors i get two at a time in the admin log . example if i am on the index page , and i then decided to view a post on any board , then return to the index well then the cron errors go up by two . one is the basic cron error , the second is the cron error with the large bank of asian code . it says GUEST but it is clear that it was caused by myself with the above mentioned action .

geminiman

getting errors now at a rate of notes . i cleared just shy of 10000 errors a few days back . there is now near to 3000 again . 2677 general errors , and the rest are cron database errors .

the general errors seem related only to one member but there are as you can see several thousand now . here is the error

THE FUGITIVE
786693b1383f2f84a3c36ae83ef60dda
https://www.satbox.info/index.php?action=profile;area=alerts_popup;counter=0;u=62
Backtrace information

Type of error: General
Error message Select
Unable to load the 'EnhancedPMSystem.english' language file.

the second line above below the username is just his ip address , i removed the bulk of that from this post .

i can see it says enhanced PM system , ive sent atleast two PMs today and not one error related to me has appeared . so cant understand why this member is bringing up so many errors .

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on June 01, 2022, 01:07:47 PMUnable to load the 'EnhancedPMSystem.english' language file.

It looks like this file is not present where it is supposed to be. A.f.a.i.k. there is no such smf file. Therefore it has been added through a mod. Try to reupload said file in the correct/right location and see if it will help.

geminiman

ive uploaded the english language file to my sites root , and extracted it there as per the instructions given . the error is still there but its changed slightly . it was english_usa and i added the english_british file . both are listed now in admin , and i have selected english_british . but the error persists , all that has changed is from english_usa to english_british .

Unable to load the 'EnhancedPMSystem.english_british' language file.

if the file is in the wrong location what is the correct location ? .

these are all the mods , the other admin installed the bulk of them .

Modification packages
ID    Mod Name    Version    Installed    
1    SCM Player for SMF    2.5    N/A    Install Emulating: 2.1beta2 List Files Delete
2    Lazy Admin Menu    2.5    12 May    Uninstall Emulating: 2.1beta1 List Files Delete
3    Top Replies    1.0.0    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
4    SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro    1.4.7    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
5    Tabs for Admin & Moderator Menus    1.4    17 May    Uninstall Emulating: 2.1beta3 List Files Delete
6    Suspected Proxy Registrations    1.0    16 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
7    Relative Time Formats    1.2.1    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
8    PM Quick Reply    1.11    16 May    Uninstall Emulating: 2.1rc2 List Files Delete
9    EzPortal    5.5    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
10    Newsletter Pro    4.0beta2    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
11    Quick Reply Attachments Button    1.0    16 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
12    Forum Hit Hard Preventer    1.6    16 May    Uninstall Emulating: 2.1rc2 List Files Delete
13    Lazy Moderator Menu    1.2    12 May    Uninstall Emulating: 2.1beta2 List Files Delete
14    SMF 2.1.2 Update    1.0    N/A    Install Emulating: 2.1.1 List Files Delete
15    SoundCloud Embed Widget    1.3    N/A    Install Mod List Files Delete
16    SMF Gallery Lite    6.0    N/A    Install Mod List Files Delete
17    SMF Versatile Post Reactions    1.3    16 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete
18    Say Thanks    2.2.0    12 May    Uninstall Mod List Files Delete

from the above list can you suggest which mod may be causing the problem ? . and if so would uninstalling rectify the problem ? .

so i am still getting multitudes of errors here nearly up to 1000 again , they go up in 3 or 4 at a time , i just have to open a page or open admin etc and the errors go up . i have the error with the huge bank of code that i posted a few posts back here , it starts with what looks like chinese .

and of course ive still got the original errors showing up

/home3/boxkings/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php (Line 590)
Backtrace information

Type of error: Cron
Error message Select
8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Kindred

well, does EnhancedPMSystem.english.php or EnhancedPMSystem.english_british.php actually exist in the language directory??

On the other hand, it does not look like you have the enhanced PM System mod installed....   so, maybe just remove the hooks that are looking for the mod files?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: geminiman on June 02, 2022, 12:02:34 PMfrom the above list can you suggest which mod may be causing the problem ? . and if so would uninstalling rectify the problem ? .

The strange thing is that the mod that adds that file is not listed as installed for your forum.

Seeing your other posts/topics where old/unused mods are causing issues at your forum, my suggestion, if I may, would be to overwrite completely your forum files with those from the large 2.1.2. upgrade package, assuiming you are using that version. (If you have made manual edits to the files, make a backup of them first as they will be gone.)

That would clean up your forum so to speak, from all the installed mods. Next step is to use the Smf DB Checker tool and make sure to remove all the extra stuff added to the database by the mods.

If all the errors are gone, you can re-install the mods again.

geminiman

Quote from: Kindred on June 02, 2022, 02:15:00 PMwell, does EnhancedPMSystem.english.php or EnhancedPMSystem.english_british.php actually exist in the language directory??

On the other hand, it does not look like you have the enhanced PM System mod installed....   so, maybe just remove the hooks that are looking for the mod files?

hi kindred and thanks . how do i go about doing that ? removing the hooks i mean . and thanks again .

geminiman

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 02, 2022, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: geminiman on June 02, 2022, 12:02:34 PMfrom the above list can you suggest which mod may be causing the problem ? . and if so would uninstalling rectify the problem ? .

The strange thing is that the mod that adds that file is not listed as installed for your forum.

Seeing your other posts/topics where old/unused mods are causing issues at your forum, my suggestion, if I may, would be to overwrite completely your forum files with those from the large 2.1.2. upgrade package, assuiming you are using that version. (If you have made manual edits to the files, make a backup of them first as they will be gone.)

That would clean up your forum so to speak, from all the installed mods. Next step is to use the Smf DB Checker tool and make sure to remove all the extra stuff added to the database by the mods.

If all the errors are gone, you can re-install the mods again.

hi doug yes i updated to smf 2.1.2 . yes i might just do as you suggest and put in a clean file set . and then see what errors i get . i have the database checker tool , i did try it out , i think i posted here about it on this thread , but i cant remember . just could not seem to work out how to use it to clean up the database . i mean i read up on it and what it should do and show . but AGAIN for me (for me its always the hard way it seems ) the tool did not do or show what the instructions said it should . but i will try it all again and report back . thanks doug .

Advertisement: