Cron Error log

Started by Hippolyta, May 20, 2022, 10:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippolyta

Hi,

my error log is going crazy with these two cron errors.

As far as I know, I don't have any mods installed. Halp?

Quote/home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs.php (Line 529)
Backtrace information

Type of error: Database
Error message Select
: Incorrect string value: '\xE0\xAE\x9A\xE0\xAE\xBF...' for column 'value' at row 1

==>529: array('variable')

Quote/home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php (Line 590)
Backtrace information

Type of error: Cron
Error message Select
8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

==>590: log_error($txt['database_error'] . ': ' . $query_error . (!empty($modSettings['enableErrorQueryLogging']) ? "\n\n$db_string" : ''), 'database', $file, $line);

Doug Heffernan

What is the collation set to for your database?

Did this start happen out of nowhere or did you install a mod or did some other modification to the database prior to this happening?

Hippolyta

Help a clueless girl. Where do I find the collation for my database? :)

This started the moment I upgraded to 2.1.1, and continues in 2.1.2. I have not installed any mods, or done anything in the database.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Hippolyta on May 20, 2022, 10:34:34 AMHelp a clueless girl. Where do I find the collation for my database? :)

This started the moment I upgraded to 2.1.1, and continues in 2.1.2. I have not installed any mods, or done anything in the database.

You can see that in your phpmyadmin. Select the database there that you have used to install your Smf forum and see what it says under the Collation tab.

Hippolyta

Ah, I seem to be running an utf8_general_ci, provided that I am under the right tab here.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Hippolyta on May 20, 2022, 02:28:19 PMAh, I seem to be running an utf8_general_ci, provided that I am under the right tab here.

Can you try to overwrite the Subs.php file with that from the large 2.1.2. package and see if it will help?

What are those 2 crons that throw those errors btw?

Hippolyta

I've tried to overwrite Subs.php, but that did not help, unfortunately.

For line 529, checking backtrace information:
URL of page causing the error
http://sitesitestuff/index.phphttp://sitesitestuff/cron.php

#0: smf_db_error()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 494
    #1: smf_db_query()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 802
    #2: smf_db_insert()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs.php on line 529
    #3: updateSettings()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs.php on line 7463
    #4: set_tld_regex()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/tasks/UpdateTldRegex.php on line 31
    #5: execute()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/cron.php on line 237
    #6: perform_task()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/cron.php on line 131

For line 590:
http://sitesitestuff/index.phphttp://sitesitestuff/cron.php

#0: smf_error_handler_cron()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 590
    #1: smf_db_error()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 494
    #2: smf_db_query()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 802
    #3: smf_db_insert()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs.php on line 529
    #4: updateSettings()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/Subs.php on line 7463
    #5: set_tld_regex()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/Sources/tasks/UpdateTldRegex.php on line 31
    #6: execute()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/cron.php on line 237
    #7: perform_task()
    Called from /home/site/public_html/scribbles/cron.php on line 131

If I am all in the wrong place looking, please let me know.

Doug Heffernan

What version of php are you uisng? Can you please go to the smf_settings table, click the structure button, make a screenshot of the area and upload it here? I want to see if the collation for all the columns for that table are in utf-8.

Hippolyta

Ah, I see the problem. No, half of these are apparently latin1_Swedish_ci, and half are utf8_general_ci. I guess that would be the problem, then.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Hippolyta on May 20, 2022, 04:47:44 PMAh, I see the problem. No, half of these are apparently latin1_Swedish_ci, and half are utf8_general_ci. I guess that would be the problem, then.

Yes, that is what it is causing the issue imo. Make first a backup of that table and convert the latin1 fields to utf-8.

If I were you I would double check and make sure that everything has been converted to utf-8 and it is done properly. Have a look at this link, it will help.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/UTF-8_Readme

Hippolyta

Thank you SO much for your help, that fixed my problem!

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Hippolyta on May 21, 2022, 07:11:55 AMThank you SO much for your help, that fixed my problem!

You are very welcome :)

nc3man

Thank you both,@Doug Heffernan and @Hippolyta, for this post and replies! I just upgraded to smf 2.1.2 and had everything humming along smoothly until I checked the error log. I had the exact same two errors with the exact same 2 mixed collations. Repaired in < 30 seconds. :)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: nc3man on August 22, 2022, 07:37:52 PMThank you both,@Doug Heffernan and @Hippolyta, for this post and replies! I just upgraded to smf 2.1.2 and had everything humming along smoothly until I checked the error log. I had the exact same two errors with the exact same 2 mixed collations. Repaired in < 30 seconds. :)

Glad to hear that it helped you :)

Advertisement: