News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

You must add a license to your package by adding a LICENSE(or license.txt) file.

Started by Randem, July 29, 2022, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randem

Just tried to update a MOD on the simplemachines.org site and I get this message "You must add a license to your package by adding a LICENSE(or license.txt) file." it has no helpful information on where or how to implement this license.txt file. I have tried adding an entry to the package.xml file with the license.txt file but no joy.

<require-file name="License.txt" destination="$boarddir" />

What does this message really mean and how do you comply?
Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Diego Andrés

It's basically adding a license file to your package.
You don't need to add anything to the package-info.xml, you just need to add a license file.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Diego Andrés

Randem

I added a license.txt file to the packaged zip file but still get the same message. Does this file have to have a specific format? The link does not speak of any of this.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Diego Andrés

I'm unsure without seeing exactly what you are doing.
Could you maybe attach it here (I'll delete after)? Or in any case, download any other mod and make sure your file name is the same?

Randem

You can download the package from BotBanish for SMF
If as you say all I have to do is to add a License.txt file to the zip file.

Randem

I found the solution... the file name cannot be License.txt it must be LICENSE.txt. It is case sensitive...

Diego Andrés

Alright, let us know if you have any more questions or issues when submitting your mod.

Advertisement: