CSS question for simple close to stock theme: Change color of Sub-Board

Started by pulgoki, August 09, 2022, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulgoki

Well, I was able to get it to work with a bit of a glitch by using

#upshrink_stats p.inline a:nth-child(6) {
color:aqua
}

It changes a few of the name colors in the 'displaying users logged in that day' mod area so I think that is exactly what's going on. 

I don't want to get rid of the mod so I may be stuck editing the BoardIndex.Template.Php

I may disable the mod temporarily to make sure.

Thanks for the help again. Learned another trick today.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: pulgoki on August 11, 2022, 03:35:29 PMWell, I was able to get it to work with a bit of a glitch by using

#upshrink_stats p.inline a:nth-child(6) {
color:aqua
}

It changes a few of the name colors in the 'displaying users logged in that day' mod area so I think that is exactly what's going on.

I don't want to get rid of the mod so I may be stuck editing the BoardIndex.Template.Php

I may disable the mod temporarily to make sure.

Thanks for the help again. Learned another trick today.
So I installed the same mod and the code below worked for me. It only makes the specified text white.

The reason your bit of code is changing multiple lines, is because you are choosing the whole upshrink stats section.
So it is choosing the 6th child of every part of that section essentially. (Someone else can probably explain this a bit more accurately)

The code that works for me -

p.inline a:nth-child(5) {
  color: #fff;
}

This is choosing that specific section. (Or should be lol)

You cannot view this attachment.

pulgoki

Quote from: TwitchisMental on August 11, 2022, 03:47:34 PMSo I installed the same mod and the code below worked for me. It only makes the specified text white.

The reason your bit of code is changing multiple lines, is because you are choosing the whole upshrink stats section.
So it is choosing the 6th child of every part of that section essentially. (Someone else can probably explain this a bit more accurately)

The code that works for me -

This clicked in my head after making that last post.

It does the same thing for me using

p.inline a:nth-child(5) {
  color: #fff;
}

All areas of my forum stats use that p.inline so it changes the 5th(?) link in all areas to what ever color I specify. 

pulgoki

It does the same on this forum as well. 

p.inline a:nth-child(6) {
  color: aqua;
}

Anything that falls in to that 6th child position gets the color changed.  I tried it using 2, 3, 4, etc.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: pulgoki on August 11, 2022, 03:58:35 PMIt does the same on this forum as well. 

p.inline a:nth-child(6) {
  color: aqua;
}

Anything that falls in to that 6th child position gets the color changed.  I tried it using 2, 3, 4, etc.

Humm the template edit may be best then. Someone else may have an easier solution though :).

pulgoki

Modifying the BoardIndex.Template.Php worked like a charm.  It's doing exactly what I want now.  The recent posts link stands out beautifully now.  :D 

Kindred

Lol...  my test site test2.turtleshellprod.com is done with only changes to css - and a minor change to boardindex
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Quote from: pulgoki on August 11, 2022, 04:26:51 PMModifying the BoardIndex.Template.Php worked like a charm.  It's doing exactly what I want now.  The recent posts link stands out beautifully now.  :D 
This is a case where I would recommend the template edit. For what you wanted to do, there are just too many instances of p.inline for that to be a useful target. :)

Advertisement: