News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Starflight

Started by shawnb61, August 23, 2022, 12:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W2NAP

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 23, 2023, 02:51:46 PMWhich text, could you attach a screenshot?

one on desktop the other is iphone6 i use for a test device.

the screenshot of the iphone when actually viewing screen with eyes the text is way darker almost unreadable.

Diego Andrés

The ads or something else might have something to do with it.
I installed the theme and couldn't reproduce the issue.

On your site I can't manually trigger the break points for the responsive view, something is interfering with it.
I visited with a phone and can definitely see the issue from your first attachment.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

W2NAP

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 23, 2023, 08:11:19 PMThe ads or something else might have something to do with it.
I installed the theme and couldn't reproduce the issue.

On your site I can't manually trigger the break points for the responsive view, something is interfering with it.
I visited with a phone and can definitely see the issue from your first attachment.

yeah im not sure its had me scratching head for awhile now. mods i have installed are
EhPortal
Downloads System
Stop Forum Spam
 Contact Page
 Curve2 Color Changer
Optimus

themes/css is a bit outta my league for my brain.

shawnb61

Hmmm...   I've even installed all of those mods, & cannot reproduce this.  (Though a lot of console errors are introduced, it seems to work anyway!)

And I definitely see the issue on your site.

Starflight heavily uses jquery & .js.  It appears that there is some form of jquery conflict, and it is not updating the colors properly. 

Question - What is your source for the jQuery library under Admin | Configuration | Features and Options | General?

First thing to try...  Go to Admin | Configuration | Current Theme, and press the "Reset All to Default" link (right next to the Color Changer label).  Click on that link & press SAVE.  See if that resolves anything.

Next thing to try...  Try different sources for the jQuery library...  See if that helps...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

If nothing above works... 

Please note that a few of those mods update the themes.  I'd deinstall all & reinstall them, making sure the theme updates are applied.  (Doing the theme first helps with that.)

While doing so, check the site via iPhone after each reinstall to see when it breaks...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

W2NAP

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 25, 2023, 11:45:31 PMHmmm...   I've even installed all of those mods, & cannot reproduce this.  (Though a lot of console errors are introduced, it seems to work anyway!)

And I definitely see the issue on your site.

Starflight heavily uses jquery & .js.  It appears that there is some form of jquery conflict, and it is not updating the colors properly. 

Question - What is your source for the jQuery library under Admin | Configuration | Features and Options | General?

First thing to try...  Go to Admin | Configuration | Current Theme, and press the "Reset All to Default" link (right next to the Color Changer label).  Click on that link & press SAVE.  See if that resolves anything.

Next thing to try...  Try different sources for the jQuery library...  See if that helps...
sorry for late reply, work weekends.

jquery lib is google cdn. switching cdn no change.

theme reset to default no change

ah found it, its eh portal. after uninstall everything looks right, but after reinstalling it borks the responsive

W2NAP

ah ha! figured out the cause.

Eh portal has a "responsive display" setting, unchecked the css colors show like they should, however the eh portal parts are not "mobile" compliant. with responsive display checked, all parts show in mobile like they should however css is borked as is shown in the screens.

W2NAP

UPDATE: Found the issue i believe. eh portal has a file that gets put in Themes/default/css/ named portal_responsive.css

I had to run the file into a css format cleaner to pick out exactly what was going on after I did that I noticed in section

body{margin:0;font-family:-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,"Segoe UI",Roboto,"Helvetica Neue",Arial,"Noto Sans",sans-serif,"Apple Color Emoji","Segoe UI Emoji","Segoe UI Symbol","Noto Color Emoji";font-size:1rem;font-weight:400;line-height:1.5;color:#212529;text-align:left;background-color:#fff}

changed color:#212529 to /* color:212529 */ (commenting it out) and it seems to fix the text display issue. Hope this helps someone else who may run into this problem on this theme or any other themes.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

W2NAP

Quote from: shawnb61 on March 01, 2023, 07:57:13 PMThanks for sharing!

no problem, little more checking on the "hack" everything in portalresponsiveness.css with will need to be changed from (color:#212529 is in several places)

color:#212529
to
/* color:#212529 */

which will cover all created pages, etc. I missed that last night.

shawnb61

v1.8 released.  Minor tweak to allow control of new SMF 2.1.4 attachment UI colors.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Latest version uploaded - 1.11 - addresses a couple minor bugs.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Grendor

Hello Shawnb61,

I really like the theme but I am stumped on 1 issue.

How do I get the logo.png to center like your image shows?
My logo.png is being put all the way to the left like its left justified.

Thanks
Grendor


shawnb61

Quote from: Grendor on May 14, 2024, 02:00:31 PMHow do I get the logo.png to center like your image shows?
My logo.png is being put all the way to the left like its left justified.

If you are entering the logo under Admin | Configuration | Theme Settings, then the simplest way is to just add "text-align: center" to the theme's index.css, ~line 1163, so that section looks like:

h1.forumtitle a {
    color: var(--cc_special_titles_color);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    text-align: center;
}

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Grendor

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 14, 2024, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: Grendor on May 14, 2024, 02:00:31 PMHow do I get the logo.png to center like your image shows?
My logo.png is being put all the way to the left like its left justified.

If you are entering the logo under Admin | Configuration | Theme Settings, then the simplest way is to just add "text-align: center" to the theme's index.css, ~line 1163, so that section looks like:

h1.forumtitle a {
    color: var(--cc_special_titles_color);
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    text-align: center;
}



Hello,

First thanks for your reply to my issue.

I think issue is because I am using an image in the load image url.
If I leave blank I get an image that is centered but not in style I like.

So if I am going to use a custom image/logo I made I center it with the info you provided?

Thanks
Grendor

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Grendor

Hello,

Thanks you very much for the help and hand holding..
It has been a long time since I did anything with php, css or html..

I will give it a shot later or early tomorrow.

Thanks
Grendor

Grendor

Hello,

Got it working it was a 2 issue problem.
First was database pointing to wrong location.
2nd was a file name being wrong.

Thanks

Advertisement: