News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

IPB 2.1.3

Started by daveb47, November 27, 2005, 12:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure what the problem is, because the setup on your board is exactly the same as the setup that I used as an example when creating the code for poll conversion. I'll have to look at it in more detail when I have more time.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

EdwinK

[quote author=Oldiesmann link=topic=58371.msg547834#msg547834 date=1145232162]
I'm not sure what the problem is, because the setup on your board is exactly the same as the setup that I used as an example when creating the code for poll conversion. I'll have to look at it in more detail when I have more time.
[/quote]

Could it be this line
[code}INSERT INTO `ibf_polls` VALUES (4, 176, 1135891628, 'a:1:{i:1;a:3:{s:8:\\"question\\";s:26:\\"Choose your favourite here\\";s:6:\\"choice\\";a:9:{i:1;s:8:\\"Banner 1\\";i:2;s:8:\\"Banner 2\\";i:3;s:8:\\"Banner 3\\";i:4;s:8:\\"Banner 4\\";i:5;s:8:\\"Banner 5\\";i:6;s:8:\\"Banner 6\\";i:7;s:8:\\"Banner 7\\";i:8;s:8:\\"Banner 8\\";i:9;s:8:\\"Banner 9\\";}s:5:\\"votes\\";a:9:{i:1;i:3;i:2;i:0;i:3;i:8;i:4;i:0;i:5;i:0;i:6;i:0;i:7;i:0;i:8;i:1;i:9;i:3;}}}', 30, 15, 28, 'New Year banner's contest');

where there are escaped characters?   *Just my 2 (euro)cents.*
|| foto-site ||

Oldiesmann

That's not the issue, because the converter strips all slashes off before it attempts to unserialize the string. The only thing I could think of would be the ' (HTML code for '), but I don't have it parsing HTML characters so that shouldn't make any difference.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

EdwinK

Okay :)

*G* and here I thought I actually *knew* something.

O, we decided we could wait with migrating to SMF till sumer. As long as we have it running before September 1.
|| foto-site ||

Oldiesmann

I'm still not sure what the problem is though. Your setup is exactly like that of every other IPB 2.1.x board out there... Is anyone else still having problems with this?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ne5o55

Well.. I have installed SMF, a clean install, using version 1.1 RC2. I downloaded the convert.php file mentioned in this thread, as well as the .sql file. I have followed instructions to a T, yet when I go to my domain/convert.php, using IE I get a 404 error, using Firefox I get a blank page. I have chmoded to 777, and I still get a blank page... I know this is probably something silly, but does anybody know what the deal is here?

Thanks.

HoVV

I'm trying to convert from IPB 2.1.4 to SMF 1.1RC2
using the convertor available on the site.

I receive this error:

The installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

Oldiesmann

Make sure you're using convert.php from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=65677.0 and not the one in the 1.1 converters topic (which only works with 1.1RC1).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

HoVV

That one it's even worse

SMF Converter
Which software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!
After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.
Try again

:(

Oldiesmann

You need both files - the converter file from the afore-mentioned topic and the sql file from this post
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

EdwinK

Opening up this very old topic :)

As far as I can see now, the move went really smoothly, only problem is that the emoticons in the old post don't show, only as
[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /])

Any idea if this can be fixed?

(Using Invision 2.1.1 and SMF rc2)
|| foto-site ||

randyripoff

I've been dealing with this for a while now.  I've had to access the database and use the replace function in MySQL to fix smilies and bbCode.  It's a problem with the way Invision stores the code.  Instead of converting the bbCode to HTML on the fly, they store the converted HTML, which really screws things up during a conversion.

If there's a fix that can repair this, it would be great.

shadow2004

Sorry that I have to warm up this thread. But after Invision is upgrading to the next version, it is rising the prices too. So I looked around and found SMF. It look verry nice and seems to do all the jobs too.

Now I installed a clean version (1.1 rc3). After that I made a backup of my Invision-database and tryed to import it with the SMF-converter from this website.

But the script crashed while importing the polls.
Converting poll options...
Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\www\smf\convert.php(814) : eval()'d code on line 8

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\www\smf\convert.php(814) : eval()'d code on line 8
Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `smf`.smf_poll_choices
(ID_POLL, ID_CHOICE, label, votes)
VALUES (1, SUBSTRING('Wie alt seit Ihr?', 1, 255), 'Array', 1, 255), 'Array'),
(22, SUBSTRING('Was hält der Einzelne davon?', 1, 255), 'Array', 1, 255), 'Array'),
(8, SUBSTRING('Soll der pHoeniX Guide ins Deutsche übersetzt werden?', 1, 255), 'Array', 1, 255), 'Array'),
(9, SUBSTRING('Was haltet ihr vom Webcache-Feature', 1, 255), 'Array', 1, 255), 'Array'),
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Array'),
(22, SUBSTRING('Was hält der Einzelne davon?', 1, 255), 'Array' at line 3

If someone has an idea, I'll be happy. Maybe the database-structure in IPB has change a little bit?

On the test-system ist running MySQL 5.024a.

Thanks for your ideas
shadow2004

Advertisement: