News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Force Mobile Devices To Use wap2 or imode?

Started by linkerguy, October 02, 2022, 07:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linkerguy

Adding ?wap2 or ?imode to the end of any URL seems to make my site perfect on mobile devices, however it does not do this automatically. Even if you visit the homepage with ?wap2 or ?imode and then click on any link, category, or subforum it will load the next page without this. Is there a way to force mobile devices to use either ?wap2 or ?imode automatically on all links and pages on my SMF forum?

Do I need a plugin or some custom code or something to do this? or is there a setting for this that I'm not seeing?

I am on the latest version 2.1.2

Thanks!

Diego Andrés

2.1.x is already responsive for mobile devices, I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

linkerguy

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 02, 2022, 07:38:13 PMWap2 and iMode don't exist in 2.1.

Hmm. For some reason adding ?wap2 or ?imode makes my forum display properly on mobile. Without adding it there is horizontal scrolling. Maybe its something to do with my theme or TinyPortal then.

The site seems to display find on devices with view width 551px or greater.

Anything less than 551px and stuff gets cut off and requires horizontal scrolling.

I guess I'll look into my theme's CSS or something.

Appreciate both replies.

linkerguy

I figured it out. I had a really long board description that was causing the issue with my theme. I just shortened the board description and now it displays on mobile properly now.

Sorry for the confusion about wap2 and imode on SMF 2.1

You can close this thread now.

Diego Andrés

If that's a theme you downloaded here maybe you could ask in the support topic (of that theme) if you think it's an issue  :)

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: