News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom headers and footers

Started by Tonyfish58, October 07, 2022, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyfish58

Thank you for this mod, it is great.

Having no background at all in code of any description, I do fumble with what I am able to modify on my forum.

This was easy to use, but then I wanted colour, so that meant going into unknown territory.  :D  :o

I wanted an orange background to the dialogue box and of course inserting text with a bit of flare.

Using the net, I was able to make it strong text and size 2 and also center it.

Then I found how to colour the box and interestingly that worked, but at the same time took the text size down again.

This is what I ended up with

<div style="background-color:orange;><center><font size="+2"><strong>One Planet One People Please</strong></font></center></div>

I tried a few variations of that, but hey that plays havoc  :-X I guess it is not ordered correctly, as it dropped the font and the center.

I note how the font size changed in the updated topic area,but not the banners, 2 was a little big anyway.

You cannot view this attachment.

Any suggestions thank you and regards Tony

Diego Andrés

Both font and center were deprecated many years ago and their use is not recommended.
You can also avoid strong for this particular case, because you can accomplish the same using css.
Additionally, your style attribute is not closed properly.

See a fixed example of your line:

<div style="background-color:orange; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">One Planet One People Please</div>

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Tonyfish58

Quote from: Diego Andrés on October 07, 2022, 07:46:20 PMBoth font and center were deprecated many years ago and their use is not recommended.
You can also avoid strong for this particular case, because you can accomplish the same using css.
Additionally, your style attribute is not closed properly.

See a fixed example of your line:

<div style="background-color:orange; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">One Planet One People Please</div>

Thank you for that very much. I am 100% a novice. Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards Tony

Advertisement: