News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

User icon not working

Started by Rgvill, October 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rgvill

I don't know what happened but it suddenly stopped working and got disabled. I'm using the default theme.
You cannot view this attachment.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Rgvill on October 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PMdon't know what happened but it suddenly stopped working and got disabled.

Usually things don't just stop working ike that. What was the latest change that was done to the forum prior to this happening?

Quote from: Rgvill on October 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PMI'm using the default theme.

The screenshot you posted doesn't look to be from the default theme to me.

Rgvill

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on October 12, 2022, 06:42:43 AM
Quote from: Rgvill on October 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PMdon't know what happened but it suddenly stopped working and got disabled.

Usually things don't just stop working ike that. What was the latest change that was done to the forum prior to this happening?

Quote from: Rgvill on October 11, 2022, 09:37:57 PMI'm using the default theme.

The screenshot you posted doesn't look to be from the default theme to me.

I made a lot of changes and used different mods but I don't know which one causes this. I deleted my existing boardindextemplate.php, indextemplate.php, displaytemplate.php, messageindextemplate.php and replaced them with new ones but it didn't fix it. And it's the default theme, I just changed the colors.

Rgvill

I was able to click the User icon once every time I logged in and when I clicked on these parts

It gives me this error

I replaced my Profile-Modify.php with a new one and it fixed the error, but the User icon is still disabled and unclickable.

Diego Andrés

Replacing files is not a fix.
You have to figure out what caused the issue.

For example, that mod you installed, Better Profiles. Is not compatible with your SMF version.
You'll have to manually uninstall it following the instructions from the parse.

Please be careful when installing mods and check the compatible versions on their page.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Sir Osis of Liver

Which jquery library are you using?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Diego Andrés

It's not about jquery, user just installed a mod that modifies the menu button and it's not compatible with 2.1

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, will see if he can remove it.  I've had the experience of browser security blocking google cdn, causing user menu to fail.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Rgvill

Problem solved. It was the Rocket Loader on Cloudflare that causes the user icon to be disabled. I had to reinstall my site and start over to find that out.

Kindred

1- ALWAYS take a backup before installing a mod or applying manual edits.
2- Test your site after each mod installation or edit.

3- replacing single files is almost always going to cause WORSE errors. Either restore the complete backup or know how to back-out a mod or edit manually.

If you are installing mods which were not updated to be compatible with your current version, then there is a chance it will break your site. See steps above.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: