Cookie issue in Firefox Android - Loads prior login info

Started by Julius_2000, December 06, 2022, 07:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius_2000

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 07, 2022, 02:19:41 PMNote that file based (non-db based) sessions should work fine.  If not, your host likely needs to address that. 
Thanks, I contaced him, hope he can reset it. Could this be also solved if we reset the whole test forum?

Julius_2000

Alright, the owner was able to reset the dabase driven session.

Still, the FF Android issue remains. I can't immediately log back in with any account after I logged out from another when I use the popup login window. Always have delete cache in order to get it to work. Only when I use the non-java option I can log in but still get the wrong profile data for the account.

Although I love Firefox, it's is just a hot mess with SMF.

Kindred

It is not... whatever problems you are having are almost definitely due to some specific configuration on your device... I can not reproduce your problem using ff, android and smf 2.0.19 or smf 2.1.3
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Quote from: Kindred on December 07, 2022, 05:47:02 PMIt is not... whatever problems you are having are almost definitely due to some specific configuration on your device... I can not reproduce your problem using ff, android and smf 2.0.19 or smf 2.1.3

Hm, this happens across devices. Can only be a config problem with our installation of SMF or something. It's weird. And again, it only happens in Firefox.
I have no issue with that in our old forum running 2.0.19.

Edit:
Observation: It somehow might be correlated with time. I logged out and tried to log in immediately after and, like always, was told "session time out". But after waiting for several minutes, I was able to log back in. Kind of the same phenomenon as with the profile data I described in my intial post.

Kindred

that sounds like a server-side cache --   which has been reported before (not specifically/oly with SMF, but with anything using that sessions and the server cache)

If the server caches the session data and tells your device to use the cache (until a refresh happens) AND you have a long session time set in SMF's admin then yes --  you could possibly "see" the previous session information.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Thank you for your reply, Kindred!

This is how it's set on our forum:

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. 

Should I uncheck "Allow browsers to go back to cached pages" to solve the issue? Session time seems reasonably long.

Happy and safe Holidays!

Edit:
Ah, this seems working! Thank you! I'm just wondering why Chrome based browsers did not have the issue while this was checked. Do they igonre this?

Kindred

no....    it's not a problem with the caching inside SMF.  We handle THAT correctly....

It's a problem with SERVER-SIDE caching... like Varnish
Слaва
Украинi

Julius_2000

Quote from: Kindred on December 21, 2022, 10:26:52 AMno....    it's not a problem with the caching inside SMF.  We handle THAT correctly....

It's a problem with SERVER-SIDE caching... like Varnish
I'm sorry, I didn't get that. What does that mean? I never had the issue with Chrome or Edge having the option checked.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: