News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

http 500 error?

Started by Bunkei, December 17, 2022, 04:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunkei

I get a http 500 error when running the converter after I installed SMF 2.0.19.  Any ideas?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Check your server's error log for details on the error.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bunkei

For privacy reasons, I removed some info and replaced it with "xxx".  I can PM you the entire thing if needs be.  Thank you so much in advance!

[client xx.xx.236.31:59438] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/vmnet/xxxxxx.net/smf/convert.php on line 2813

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Bunkei on December 17, 2022, 12:27:25 PMFor privacy reasons, I removed some info and replaced it with "xxx".  I can PM you the entire thing if needs be.  Thank you so much in advance!

[client xx.xx.236.31:59438] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/vmnet/xxxxxx.net/smf/convert.php on line 2813

This error means that curly braces method to get individual characters inside a string has been deprecated since php 7.4.

What is the code around line 2813 in the convert.php file? The solution would be to change curly braces {} to []

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Alternatively, since that is probably not the only occurrence of such, you could downgrade PHP to a version that accepts it for the duration of the process.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bunkei

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on December 17, 2022, 12:32:07 PM
Quote from: Bunkei on December 17, 2022, 12:27:25 PMFor privacy reasons, I removed some info and replaced it with "xxx".  I can PM you the entire thing if needs be.  Thank you so much in advance!

This error means that curly braces method to get individual characters inside a string has been deprecated since php 7.4.

What is the code around line 2813 in the convert.php file? The solution would be to change curly braces {} to []

Thank you!  That worked for me!  Cheers ...

Doug Heffernan

No problem. Glad to see that you converted successfuly to Smf.

fpenasanz

Quote from: Bunkei on December 17, 2022, 05:38:19 PM
Quote from: Doug Heffernan on December 17, 2022, 12:32:07 PM

I got the same issue, also solved following your instructions. Thanks a lot!

Thank you!  That worked for me!  Cheers ...

I had the same issue. Solved as well! Thanks a lot. Best regards

Advertisement: