Unable to install v2.1.3 via Installatron, PHP 8.2 not supported?

Started by neurons, March 10, 2023, 12:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neurons

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a fresh install of latest SMF on my domain where I have 8.2 installed, and it is erroring out due to latest PHP version not being supported? Is this expected or can it be the Installatron having something outdated? I'm struggling to find any mention of this error, and I would like to avoid backing down from a major PHP release, aka going back to 8.1.x.

I noticed in this thread that 8.2 should be fine - does it need to be installed manually, without the one-click apps?

Any help in resolving is much appreciated. Please shout if you need more details.

Sir Osis of Liver

Might just be a problem in the installer.  Try installing in 8.1, then go back to 8.2 after installation completes.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

vbgamer45

Manually in this case.

But what is the installer you are using? he one click installer the team probably will need to reach out to them to give them the updated PHP versions
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

neurons

In this case I'm using Installatron via cPanel.

I'll try downgrading -> install -> upgrade route, if it doesn't work or breaks something else, I'll run it manually. Thank you both.

But this seems to be a minor thing - this screams of a warning check somewhere in Installatron installation package since its "maxing" out the supported 8.1.x version to 8.1.99 which doesn't even exist. Even though v2.1.3 per other topic obviously works fine on PHP 8.2+

Arantor

I don't know if the SMF team actually manages Installatron packages - no-one here has ever encouraged one-click installers because they've always been so bad at mangling the install over the years.

neurons

Confirmed that lowering the PHP version temporarily to 8.1.x enables installation, and nothing (visibly) broke after reverting to 8.2.

I'll send an email to Installatron support so they're aware of the "issue".

Thanks for the fast responses here, this can be locked now. :)

Advertisement: