News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Select theme via URL when logged out?

Started by Melonking, March 18, 2023, 12:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melonking

Is it possible to provide people with a URL that will load a particular theme instead of the regular default theme?

A small number of my forums users need to use an accessibility-enhanced theme; it works great when they are logged in, but when they log out or are visiting the forum when their login has expired; they are stuck with the default theme which causes issues.

Is there a way to select the theme via URL when logged out? Something like https://forum.mysite.com/theme=2 ?
This would allow users to bookmark the theme of their choice to use for logging in.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you allow users to select their theme, then /index.php?theme=X where X is the theme ID should work.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Melonking

Oh wow! My example idea was almost exactly the real code  ;D  Thank you; I kinda expected the answer to be a resounding no!!

Advertisement: