upgrading to 2.1.3 stalls...

Started by SeduzioneItaliana, May 09, 2023, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Two issues here:

First, repair_settings.php doesn't provide for updating of custom avatar folders for SMF 1.1.  So, if you were to restore a 1.1 DB, run repair_settings, then run an upgrade, you might still fail on a missing folder for custom avatars.  Written up here:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/tools/issues/70

Second, although the upgrader was chunking up big tasks into smaller bites, those bites were still too big.  A large forum might still fail doing certain tasks, depending on its memory allocations.  This particular forum has a LOT of board & topic watches configured...
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF/issues/7757

The "missing function allowedTo()" error can, under some circumstances, pop up while SMF is attempting to log an error...  It can be a symptom that the error logging itself is failing. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Interesting configuration for this forum.  In 1.1, they had configured:
 - A full, proper utf8 implementation, including the proper settings
 - https throughout
 - Custom avatars

All in all, very clean & well maintained.  But yeah, they really need to get off of 1.1...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

SeduzioneItaliana

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 15, 2023, 10:38:24 PMInteresting configuration for this forum.  In 1.1, they had configured:
 - A full, proper utf8 implementation, including the proper settings
 - https throughout
 - Custom avatars

All in all, very clean & well maintained.  But yeah, they really need to get off of 1.1...

shawnb61 You are an angel who gave me back sleep at night  :)
I would never have been able to solve the problem on my own. Thank you for everything you have done and for the contribution you give to the whole community. You're great!

I also thank all the others who have participated in this debate and apologize for the large number of messages.

SeduzioneItaliana

But....
I succeed to upgrade, i have my forum in 2.1.3 but i cant't stay logged. Exactly the same problem i experienced after upgrading the first time on the server.
I tried to log in with other user's data, but the result is always the same: the first operation and i'm no longer logged in. What can it be? Where can I find cookie settings in my database? I believe that some columns (like the "fromname" column) may not have been imported correctly...

Edit: more details.

When I log in the first time, 3 cookies are created, named "SMFCookie752", "phpsessid" and a "session storage" cookie located in a sort of folder (see jpg). Changing tabs or doing something, the coockie "smfcoockie752" disappears.
If I intend to enter admin or in a reserved bulletin board, the forum asks me to login again.
The login has a duration of a single operation, after which it is "killed" and the login form reappears....
What can I do to eliminate this problem that makes the forum unusable?

Ps: deleting cookies, renaming cookie name in settings.php did not solve the problem

shawnb61

My first guess is you do not have database sessions enabled.  If you do not have database sessions enabled, I suggest enabling them.

File based (non-database) sessions work, but require some additional apache setup to work properly.

Any errors:
 - in the smf error log?
 - in the apache error log?
 - in the browser console?

SeduzioneItaliana

it's enabled.
The only error on the browser consolle, its regarding my personal avatar.
I randomly found a way to enter the admin section, but it doesn't work with all boards.

Login with the main form.
After logging, the forum asks for password.
If i give password, i see again the main form, if i open the little form who is in the upper left to log, an do a double click, the little form will be show a message "you have to wait 2 seconds to relog" (i translate form italian). At this point, giving the password in the main forum, the forum leaf me enter in the admin section.
On some section this procedure do not runs: i got an "session expired " error or a token error.
Now i got this from chrome consolle:
jquery.min.js:2          POST https://seduzioneitaliana.com/forum/index.php?action=login2;ajax 403 (Forbidden)

I also tried to do a clean install and then import my upgraded database. In the clean version, everything works perfectly. BUT when I put my database, I can't log anymore. There is something wrong with the options, but I don't know what.
Maybe this can help?

SeduzioneItaliana

It seems that the problem was due to the wp home who was integrated with the farum some years ago. I removed the home, and the forums runs...

Kindred

1- wordpress screws things up.
2- you must be using a 2.1 compatible theme (1.0, 1.1, 2.0 themes are not compatible)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SeduzioneItaliana

Advertisement: