News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't remove underline

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, August 20, 2023, 02:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Thought I had fixed it last time I worked on this forum, but it's come back.  If you look here you'll see underline under the 'Modellers Resource' linked image.  It disappears when you mouseover.  All other links are not underlined until you do mouseover.  text-decoration: none; affects other links but not this one.  >:(
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Tyrsson

You might wanna take a look at:

.bbc_link:link, .bbc_link:visited {
border-bottom: 1px solid #A8B6CF;
}
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Chen Zhen

It's the bbc_link class causing it.
If you don't want to adjust that class, why not just give it a custom class?
Then from the css file you can make it behave however you want.

Inline styling or JavaScript are also options.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Tyrsson on August 20, 2023, 06:05:15 PMYou might wanna take a look at:

.bbc_link:link, .bbc_link:visited {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #A8B6CF;
}

Yes, that's it.  Didn't think to look for border.  It disappears on mouseover because underline color (blue) masks it against black background.  Can see it if I zoom up.  Don't want to change it, it's used in Subs.php for bbc array.  No idea why it's being applied to that element.

Quote from: Chen Zhen on August 20, 2023, 06:06:09 PMIt's the bbc_link class causing it.
If you don't want to adjust that class, why not just give it a custom class?
Then from the css file you can make it behave however you want.

Inline styling or JavaScript are also options.

Been trying to customize using just css as much as possible, avoiding template edits, but will have to do that for this one.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, found it.  The image link was being displayed by global headers and footers mod, coded with bbc tags.  Apparently bbc_link class is applied to any link in bbc tags.  Changed it to html, border is gone.

Thanks to both.

- R. Waters

dodos26

Sir Osis of Liver

No, you can't specify a class in bbc tags, and Subs.php applies the bbc_link class to all tagged links.  The solution is to use html instead of bbc.

- R. Waters

Chen Zhen

QuoteBeen trying to customize using just css as much as possible, avoiding template edits, but will have to do that for this one.

You can use parent selectors in combination with the one previously mentioned, add !important and make it the latter in the css file.
I'm on my phone right now so it's too difficult to give you an exact example but perhaps you get the gist of it?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Sir Osis of Liver

Will try it when I get a chance.  Replacing bbc with html has fixed it.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: