News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Upgrade smf forum

Started by Snow-Man, August 30, 2023, 04:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well, you need to talk to your host -- because all of the failures so far seem to be related to the host throttling your account's usage of the server....    that's why I asked about GoDaddy.

Who is your host?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Snow-Man

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2023, 10:30:41 AMWell, you need to talk to your host -- because all of the failures so far seem to be related to the host throttling your account's usage of the server....    that's why I asked about GoDaddy.

Who is your host?
its not GoDaddy
i have tried to upgrade via CLI, everytimes it says network error: Connection refused

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Snow-Man

I have made a lot of tables empty such as logs table and i ran the upgrader and finally it ended successfully. That happened by changing tables engine to InnoDB.
but now I have got another problem, adding packages (forum stop working) or making a post ( I get this error)
QuoteField 'show_sig' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1897

QuoteDatabase Error: Field 'show_sig' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO smf_messages(`id_board`, `id_topic`, `id_member`, `subject`, `body`, `poster_name`, `poster_email`, `poster_time`, `poster_ip`, `smileys_enabled`, `modified_name`, `icon`, `approved`)
VALUES
(31, 13727, 44243, SUBSTRING('Re: About me', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('test', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('Snow-Man', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('[email protected]', 1, 255), 1699729195, unhex('9a6c49f8'), 1, '', SUBSTRING('xx', 1, 16), 1)

Kindred

So give it a default value....

Do a search,  it's a common problem with upgrades to mysql and older mods
Слaва
Украинi

Snow-Man

Does it work with NULL as a default value?
Have done some research about it and didn't find anyone got same problem like mine

Kindred

It's been reported at least 10 dozen times in smf (mods) and other software as well... ;)

And yes, NULL is usually the correct setting.
Слaва
Украинi

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on November 11, 2023, 02:04:08 PMDatabase Error: Field 'show_sig' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO smf_messages(`id_board`, `id_topic`, `id_member`, `subject`, `body`, `poster_name`, `poster_email`, `poster_time`, `poster_ip`, `smileys_enabled`, `modified_name`, `icon`, `approved`)
VALUES
(31, 13727, 44243, SUBSTRING('Re: About me', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('test', 1, 65534), SUBSTRING('Snow-Man', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('[email protected]', 1, 255), 1699729195, unhex('9a6c49f8'), 1, '', SUBSTRING('xx', 1, 16), 1)

The aforementioned filed is not part of the smf_messages table by default. Which means that it has been added by a third party mod. If you are still using the mod that has added that field, giving it a default value of null as advised above will solve the error.

However, if you don't use that mod anymore, it will be best imo to delete that custom field from the messages table. No use of cluttering the database with stuff left behind by old/uninstalled mods.

Snow-Man

Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2023, 11:08:48 AMIt's been reported at least 10 dozen times in smf (mods) and other software as well... ;)

is there a way to change that through a php script or something?
cause i can not do it on phpmyadmin, when i do that it will freeze and will not change, cause that table got more that 2 million rows

Snow-Man

Quote from: Snow-Man on November 12, 2023, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2023, 11:08:48 AMIt's been reported at least 10 dozen times in smf (mods) and other software as well... ;)

cause i can not do it on phpmyadmin, when i do that it will freeze and will not change, cause that table got more that 2 million rows
i have done that after several of tries but now i have got a lot of general errors.

like the following errors

Quote2: Undefined array key "mediapro_copyremove"
QuoteUndefined array key "mediapro_admin"
QuoteHook call: function "mentions_menu" in file /home/root/public_html/forum could not be called.
QuoteHook call: function "mentions_bbc" in file /home/root/public_html/forum could not be called.
i have got like 5k errors about these

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on November 12, 2023, 03:33:59 PM
Quote from: Snow-Man on November 12, 2023, 02:24:18 PM

i have done that after several of tries but now i have got a lot of general errors.

like the following errors

QuoteUndefined array key "mediapro_admin"
QuoteHook call: function "mentions_menu" in file /home/root/public_html/forum could not be called.
QuoteHook call: function "mentions_bbc" in file /home/root/public_html/forum could not be called.
i have got like 5k errors about these

They come from custom mods. If I were you I would uninstall all the mods, overwrite the forum files with a fresh set from the large upgrade package your version. The re-install the mods that you want to use.

Snow-Man

Thank you for your reply 🙏🏼
I have tried to re-install mods again but it breaks the forum, then i can no longer get access to the forum, it shows me the same error as low php version error and before installing it during the test it shows errors

Kindred

Uninstalling mods does not remove the tables...

In phpmyadmin run
ALTER TABLE smf_messages ALTER show_sig SET DEFAULT NULL;
Слaва
Украинi

Snow-Man

Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2023, 06:11:20 PMUninstalling mods does not remove the tables...

In phpmyadmin run
ALTER TABLE smf_messages ALTER show_sig SET DEFAULT NULL;

I have dropped that column already but still have errors like I mentioned in my last post

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on November 12, 2023, 05:33:56 PMI have tried to re-install mods again but it breaks the forum, then i can no longer get access to the forum, it shows me the same error as low php version error and before installing it during the test it shows errors

It looks like the mods have left behind code that wasn't removed upon uninstallation. You should remove them manually.

Snow-Man

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on November 13, 2023, 06:39:52 AM
Quote from: Snow-Man on November 12, 2023, 05:33:56 PMI have tried to re-install mods again but it breaks the forum, then i can no longer get access to the forum, it shows me the same error as low php version error and before installing it during the test it shows errors

It looks like the mods have left behind code that wasn't removed upon uninstallation. You should remove them manually.
Could you tell me how to do that?
Is it by removing mods on packages folder?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Snow-Man on November 13, 2023, 08:54:19 AMCould you tell me how to do that?
Is it by removing mods on packages folder?

After you have uninstalled all the mods from the Package Manager, run the repair_settings.php tool to remove all hooks. Then overwrite your forum files with a fresh set from the large upgrade package your version. That would ensure that all the code that might have been left behind by mods that had file edits will be remoed too. Note that if you have made manual edits to the forum files, it would be best to make a backup of those files beforehand. Hope it helps.

Advertisement: