Sorting Unread by forum/child forum??

Started by Rasyr, November 30, 2005, 07:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasyr

In the user info box at the top, there is a link to show a list of unread posts.

Is there a Mod or anything that will allow for sorting those unread posts by their categories/boards?

This was a feature in Snitz (from which I just converted) and a number of users have requested for its implementation in our new SMF forums as it is something that they like (as it helps them to more quickly find the actual posts that they are interested in).

Rasyr

Update - I always search before I start asking questions - in hoping that somebody has already answered it - however, sometimes I do not use the right search terms.

Through continued searching, I was able to find the following thread -- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16054.0 -- which contains instructions on how to do what I was asking about. However, these instructions are for an earlier version of SMF.

The instructions for makign the changes to recent.template.php (hope I remembered the name correctly) are accurate, though spread across three different posts on the first page of the thread.

The instructions for having the forums show up in the same order as they appear on the main index seem to be inaccurate. But, I think that this is only due to changes made in the "Recent" source files, as it appears the the sql statements are different from the ones mentioned in the thead.

If anybody knows how to adjust those "ORDER BY" statements to the newer code, I would appreciate it.

I would appreciate it even more if somebody who is experienced in making Mods would possibly undertake the task of  turning the instructions from the thread I linked to above into an actual Mod.

I am really really beginning to like the Package Manager, as it is wonderful!!! and very easy to use (once I could understand how it worked heheh).

Advertisement: