News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Quick question. Where do I change my profile picture?

Started by UT99Shade, December 16, 2023, 09:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UT99Shade

Hello :)

I looked everywhere and I simply cant find the option. Also, where do I change the privacy settings? e.g. who can see my email adsress? If I open up my profile, my email address is listed there. Therefore others might see it to,or it would not be there, right?

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Profile Here it says there should be two separate settings. Account settings and forum profile. If I click on "Account settings" at the top left, it leads me to "forum profile", which again shows me only the settings listed under "account settings" in the link above. It makes no sense. Where are the actual settings listed under "forum profile" in the link?

I am confused. I hope someone can help me.

Regards
Shade

Diego Andrés

I believe you need a few posts to be able to access more options in your profile, and get rid of the captcha before posting.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

UT99Shade

Thank you for this information. Where would I have been able to read about that?

Diego Andrés

There's no public post about it afaik, it's just an anti spam measure on this site.
An admin can correct me on this if mistaken.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, that's right. Some general permissions are only granted after you have reached 10 posts, and not all boards increase the count. This is mostly because we get a lot of spammers.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

UT99Shade

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on December 16, 2023, 01:20:46 PMNo, that's right. Some general permissions are only granted after you have reached 10 posts, and not all boards increase the count. This is mostly because we get a lot of spammers.
Then it would be nice to communicate that for new users. For many people, this forum here is the first impression they have of SMF. The first impression counts.

Irisado

It is outlined, in general terms, in the first post of this topic: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=250251.0.  The reason why it is overlooked is because of the title of the topic.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

Oh, and Noone can see any user's email address except admins,  that's why there is no setting for it
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

UT99Shade

Quote from: Kindred on December 17, 2023, 09:39:25 PMOh, and Noone can see any user's email address except admins,  that's why there is no setting for it
I suggest to state that for the normal user. Maybe put a "(not visible for other users)" behind the email address in the profile.

Steve

Quote from: Irisado on December 17, 2023, 06:52:08 PMThe reason why it is overlooked is because of the title of the topic.
Possibly we could add '& Avatars' to the title

Or change 'Signatures' to 'Profile Information'

Lex?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: