News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Uninstalled Simple Portal, broke whole site!

Started by WantSome, January 08, 2024, 04:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WantSome

Hi!

Running 2.0.19, clicked uninstall on Simple Portal in order to reinstall the latest version, now I'm getting this error...

"This page isn't working right nowwww.wantsome.co.uk can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500"

When I tried to uninstall there were no test errors.

Any tips?

Thanks
WS

Doug Heffernan

Try to overwrite all your forum files with a fresh set from the large 2.0.19 upgrade package minust the upgrade files and see if it would help. Note that this will uninstall all your other mods and undo any manual edits that might have been done to the files.

WantSome

Hi Doug,

Before I saw your comment, I went ahead and did a manual parse of the simple portal stuff from https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1104;sa=parse

My forum is now 'accessible' except no matter what I try to access it gives me this error:
"An Error Has Occurred!
Call to undefined function sportal_init()"

I have a lot of mods and manual edits so I would prefer to avoid doing the large upgrade replacement if possible.  If you think that's the only way, I'll go ahead with it.

But first, could you tell me if the above error clarifies anything?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: WantSome on January 08, 2024, 06:41:24 AMBut first, could you tell me if the above error clarifies anything?

I am not familiar with that mod as I don't use it myself. It would be better if you posted about this at that mod's support topic/forum. As per our rules, all mods/themes support questions should be asked at thier support topics/forums.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

If you manually Uninstaller, then you need to also manually remove the hooks from the database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WantSome

Quote from: Kindred on January 08, 2024, 08:01:09 AMIf you manually Uninstaller, then you need to also manually remove the hooks from the database
Hi Kindred
I used the package uninstaller to uninstall the package.  Then I used the parser to reinstall it, thinking the uninstall hadn't worked.  Now the forum is visible but I get that error wherever I click.

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on January 08, 2024, 07:30:55 AM
Quote from: WantSome on January 08, 2024, 06:41:24 AMBut first, could you tell me if the above error clarifies anything?

I am not familiar with that mod as I don't use it myself. It would be better if you posted about this at that mod's support topic/forum. As per our rules, all mods/themes support questions should be asked at thier support topics/forums.
Hi Dough. Thanks for your help so far I'll post in the support topic.

Kindred

well, either you have hooks looking for code that doesn't exist -- or you have code in sMF files looking for SimplePortal code or files that don't exist...

So...   if the mod is installed -- you need to manually check each step of the install -- not only code changes to smf files -- but correctly uploading the custom files AND correctly adding the hooks in the database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WantSome

Hi Kindred,

I've double checked the code from the manual parse install and it appears correct so I think it must be the hooks.

I don't know how to check this can you walk me through?

WantSome

Welp.  That's embarassing.

What must have happened is as follows:

When I was copying files into my server, I must have been copying them from the zipped folder on my desktop.  i.e. blank files were loaded into the server.  I redid the entire parse exercise now, and copies unzipped folders into my server files and things are working again.

so... user error.

nevermind me.

Thanks for all your help everyone.  I'll mark this as closed and start a new topic if there are any further issues.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: