[FREE/PAID] PayPal Alternative Payment Methods

Started by TheBom, February 19, 2024, 05:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBom

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who can build (or implement this on the SMF core) a integration of the full PayPal payment methodes.
At the current time SMF only allowed a PayPal account payment.
But there is more.. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/apm/
You can also allow country specific payments like for me iDeal is relevant but also some other country's, you can access it without a PayPal account and do a payment instantly.

Who can build something like this?

Arantor

It's really not a small change, you'd need to do a serious refit of the paid subs setup to do this because it's just not designed for the steps involved (same reason why Stripe is so hard to integrate)

TheBom

Quote from: Arantor on February 19, 2024, 07:43:55 AMIt's really not a small change, you'd need to do a serious refit of the paid subs setup to do this because it's just not designed for the steps involved (same reason why Stripe is so hard to integrate)

Well i didnt say it was indeed a small change, but to go into this, im no programmer.
But for what i see the only thing needed to change is the way you do a call to PayPal.

I don't know if SMF is using the PayPal REST API at this moment?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: TheBom on February 19, 2024, 05:57:57 AMHi,

I'm looking for someone who can build (or implement this on the SMF core) a integration of the full PayPal payment methodes.
At the current time SMF only allowed a PayPal account payment.
But there is more.. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/apm/
You can also allow country specific payments like for me iDeal is relevant but also some other country's, you can access it without a PayPal account and do a payment instantly.

Who can build something like this?

Is this a paid request or a free one?

Arantor

Quote from: TheBom on February 19, 2024, 08:20:53 AM
Quote from: Arantor on February 19, 2024, 07:43:55 AMIt's really not a small change, you'd need to do a serious refit of the paid subs setup to do this because it's just not designed for the steps involved (same reason why Stripe is so hard to integrate)

Well i didnt say it was indeed a small change, but to go into this, im no programmer.
But for what i see the only thing needed to change is the way you do a call to PayPal.

I don't know if SMF is using the PayPal REST API at this moment?

It's not using it, no. And the webhook setup is completely different too. It's really not a small job.

I'm just trying to be realistic: I don't know who would do this for free, nor do I know anyone who would do this for cheap.

TheBom

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on February 19, 2024, 08:55:24 AMIs this a paid request or a free one?

I prefer free ofcourse but that's not realistic  :P

Quote from: Arantor on February 19, 2024, 09:01:23 AMI'm just trying to be realistic: I don't know who would do this for free, nor do I know anyone who would do this for cheap.

I never sed it would be easy, free or needed to be cheap.

But to be realistic, not at all costs yeah, if it will cost thousands of dollars I'm not doing that no.

Advertisement: