News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hide Post

Started by Leaf, November 30, 2005, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdull

I installed the packge on SMF 1.0.7 ...
im using arabic style and arabic lang ...
:'( :'( nothing to see  :'( :'(
even when i uninstall it, it goes well no errors
what am i doin wrong

by the way im using my board with 3 languages.

thnx

k3

Thank you.  Best mod ever.

One problem though, like somebody mentioned earlier.  I tested it several times and it seems that quoting a hidden message seems to reveal the post.  I'm using 1.1RC2.  If theres a way to fix this, please let me know.

Leaf

Quote from: Abdull on August 07, 2006, 08:24:53 PM
I installed the packge on SMF 1.0.7 ...
im using arabic style and arabic lang ...
:'( :'( nothing to see  :'( :'(
even when i uninstall it, it goes well no errors
what am i doin wrong

by the way im using my board with 3 languages.

thnx
If you use any language other than the supported languages (English & Simplified Chinese), you shall copy the language file HidePost.english.php to HidePost.yourlanguage.php and translate it by yourself. Then, upload that language file HidePost.yourlanguage.php to the language directory.

Leaf

Quote from: k3 on August 10, 2006, 03:31:54 PM
Thank you.  Best mod ever.

One problem though, like somebody mentioned earlier.  I tested it several times and it seems that quoting a hidden message seems to reveal the post.  I'm using 1.1RC2.  If theres a way to fix this, please let me know.

In version 1.0.7, if you are not able to see the post, you will not see the quote or reply button. :)

Leaf

Support SMF 1.1 RC3

The Package Manager in SMF 1.1 RC3 does not copy files correctly. After installing this mod, please copy the following files from the zip file if the files installed are empty:

/Sources/HidePost.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.english.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified_utf8.php

MrAnderson.cl

I'm wondering if there's a way for a Hide Post Button... for purposes of hiding/unhiding comments from everyone except the first author... or depending on the comment title...

Example...

My Worklog
My Worklog
Comment: My Worklog
Comment: My Worklog
My Worklog

So you press the Hide Button and the post appears like...

My Worklog
My Worklog
My Worklog

Can it be made??

Greetings from Chile

jcroot

Quote from: LeberMac on July 31, 2006, 10:38:00 AM
Just another quick thanks to Leaf for this Mod. It's cool.

I found this to be helpful, from Smiley:

If you are using SMF 1.1RC2 ...
1. Go to Admin > Permissions > Permissions By Board.
2. Choose a forum and switch it to Local permission.
3. After the screen is refreshed, you can click on the forum name.
4. On the extreme right column, you can now select the group to use Hide Post.
5. At the bottom of the page, there are 2 selectors and a "Add permission..." button. Make sure the left selector is on "Add permission..."
6. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Own post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in own topics in your choosen forum.
7. In (Select a permission) choose "Hide posts (Any post)". Click "Set permissions" button. This will enable the selected group members to use Hide Post in any topics in your choosen forum.

Hi Guys! I like to mod, I installed it on SMF RC3.

Well here is the problem, I went to Admin Panel/ Permission/ Permissions By Board  here I see a list of all my forums but I don't see any way to switch it to Local permission can sombody give me a hand please?

This is what I would like to do with this mod, I want to be able to select which forums are allow to use Hide Post, I want to be able to select if Admin or Users are allow to use the hide post option because I don't want every body to be able to use this option or mod.

Thanks.

HHwarriors

i get
"2: mkdir(/home/lonnie/public_html/Board/Packages/temp/HidePost_1-0-7rc3/default/) [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: No such file or directory
File: /home/lonnie/public_html/Board/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 413"

What to i dooo ? :S
www.HHWarriors.co.nr

www.HHWarriors.co.nr <<|>> Want my latest DOWNLOADS Visit my Blog <=HERE=>

HHwarriors

www.HHWarriors.co.nr

www.HHWarriors.co.nr <<|>> Want my latest DOWNLOADS Visit my Blog <=HERE=>

ivo2296

Quote from: HHwarriors on September 10, 2006, 11:08:52 AM
i get
"2: mkdir(/home/lonnie/public_html/Board/Packages/temp/HidePost_1-0-7rc3/default/) [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: No such file or directory
File: /home/lonnie/public_html/Board/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 413"

What to i dooo ? :S

You probably have MK portal installed, that's why you getting this error.

1funny2

I have 1.1 RC3.

I am trying to get this to work but not geting aany luck. I installed it through the package manager via browse and upload because I downloaded it onto my desktop. However, it is'nt working and is getting..

Call to undefined function: gethiddenmessage() in /home/content/s/p/y/spyder00/html/testforum/Sources/Display.php

During the install, it did show those 4 files listed there. What is wrong?

Leaf

Quote from: 1funny2 on September 30, 2006, 03:20:03 AM
I have 1.1 RC3.

I am trying to get this to work but not geting aany luck. I installed it through the package manager via browse and upload because I downloaded it onto my desktop. However, it is'nt working and is getting..

Call to undefined function: gethiddenmessage() in /home/content/s/p/y/spyder00/html/testforum/Sources/Display.php

During the install, it did show those 4 files listed there. What is wrong?
1.1 RC3 fails to copy files in mod. Check the mod description and copy the four files listed there from the zip file to replace the empty files installed by the mod in 1.1 RC3.

Quote from: jcroot on September 03, 2006, 12:37:15 PM
Hi Guys! I like to mod, I installed it on SMF RC3.

Well here is the problem, I went to Admin Panel/ Permission/ Permissions By Board  here I see a list of all my forums but I don't see any way to switch it to Local permission can sombody give me a hand please?
In Admin panel->Permissions->Permissions by board page, click on "Local" for the boards that you want to use per board permissions. Then, click on the board name to set the permissions for that board.

I had a problem and uninstalled this mod(yes this mod) now my forum won't load, I can login as admin only, see globe to the left for the site.

Thanks, no idea how to take care of it, help, someone, also a restore from an earlier database backup didn't help.

Its definitely this mod, reinstalled it and database error went away, uninstalled again database error returned.

A very lost person needs urgent help here.

Oldiesmann

What database error are you getting? It would definitely help if you'd provide that info.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Got it, what I did was reupload all file changed my MODs(since I couldn't uninstall any of them), and removed files left behind from MODs, apparently something that was left behind was causing Database Error, beyond me which one it was.

As commercial goes, I'm good to go.

epon

SMF 1.1 RC3  +  HidePost_1-0-7rc3.zip error

my server: centos 4.3 / MYSQL - 4.1.20 / Apache 2

i installed SMF 1.1 RC3 with no problem forum is working ...
i installed HidePost_1-0-7rc3.zip with Packages > Download Packages > Package to Upload: ... Browse
I copy thes files:
/Sources/HidePost.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.english.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified.php
/Themes/default/languages/HidePost.chinese_simplified_utf8.php

i switch to Local permissions:
and when i go to:
Permissions > Permissions by Board > Global Moderator> Modify
and at the bootom of the page i don't see the text, the row is empty
"Hide posts (Own post)" & "Hide posts (Any post)"

and when i post/replay a topic i get:

i have installed 5 times SMF 1.1 RC3  +  HidePost_1-0-7rc3.zip and still the same

what should i do?
thanks

epon

and in /var/log/messages
i get

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  gethiddenmessage() in .../Sources/Display.php on line 893

now when i open a post i get ony the title row of the post and not the body of the post

xxangel

I keep on getting this error:

8: Undefined index: can_view_post
File: /yinten.com/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 923

How can I fix this?

I uninstalled the mod but now I get this:

Quote8: Undefined index: can_hide_post
File: /yinten.com/forum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (eval?)
Line: 539
http://yinten.com [nofollow]

lxlanubislxl

ive installed this mod and get the following error:  If anyone except admin tries to read a post on the forum they get the message "database error, please try again, contact admin if u keep seein this error" and no posts are shown. Even after uninstalling the mod this error still reoccurs. how do i solve this issue.

thanks in advance

Advertisement: