News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Wishlist question

Started by Grendor, May 11, 2024, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendor

Hello,

I would like to know if SMF has some sort of mod or other that can make a wishlist?

The game I play I want users to be able to come to forum and add things to a wishlist of things they want or need.

I only want them to be able to add item and quantity and not be able to remove things from list.

Is there a option or mod that can do that?

Thanks
Gren

Doug Heffernan

I don't remember seeing such a mod. Have you looked at our Modifications section?

Grendor

Hello,

Yes I have looked there but thought there might be one that is rare.

Anyways thanks for the help.
Gren

mickjav

Grendor

Hey,

I have not setup yet so I would say newest version.

I need some sort of fillable table, wishlist or store.

I need to be able to have users add to a table, wishlist or store.

It is for items in game that they can request. (not for money)

Thanks.
Gren

Doug Heffernan

You can always request it at our Mod Requests board and hopefully someone will code it for you.

shawnb61

Maybe an open-ended poll?  Folks can post requests, you update the poll, then folks can vote for what they like?  Note there is a mod to add poll voter visibility if desired.

Or maybe the custom form mod?  The form captures structured info about the requests.  Keep the requests in a specific topic/board.  You can see which ones are popular via likes?   

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Grendor

Hey,

Thanks for the great answers and help.

I should be getting site up early next week and will try some of your suggestions.

If needed  I will request MOD like you suggested.

Thanks
Gren

Steve

Marking solved for now then.
DO NOT pm me for support!

shawnb61

Another thought...  I just saw @Bugo 's Warehouse mod, where user entered items are maintained in lists:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4387

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: