News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

member list

Started by gear777, May 23, 2024, 04:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gear777

hello, How Can I get a list of members on BoardIndex.template.php? If anyone can help me I really appreciate it.

Diego Andrés

How would it work or accomplish compared to the actual member list page?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Diego Andrés on May 23, 2024, 05:58:31 PMHow would it work or accomplish compared to the actual member list page?

^ This.  Anyone can view memberlist from main menu if permissions allow.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

gear777

Quote from: Diego Andrés on May 23, 2024, 05:58:31 PMHow would it work or accomplish compared to the actual member list page?
Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 23, 2024, 06:02:25 PM

^ This.  Anyone can view memberlist from main menu if permissions allow.

I wanted make a list of members like recent post list on the front page.

sudoku

So you want a single click action to display the member list? Meaning the user will not have to click "view member list" or "search for members" when "Members" is clicked on the board index page??
So the result of clicking "Members" would immediately display the member list, without the extra step in between... is that correct?

That is how I now understand your query after reading your last post.

gear777

Quote from: sudoku on May 23, 2024, 06:39:07 PMSo you want a single click action to display the member list? Meaning the user will not have to click "view member list" or "search for members" when "Members" is clicked on the board index page??
So the result of clicking "Members" would immediately display the member list, without the extra step in between... is that correct?

That is how I now understand your query after reading your last post.
It is just a list that shows the 5 recently registered users. Something simple like this:

sudoku

Quote from: gear777 on May 23, 2024, 06:53:36 PMIt is just a list that shows the 5 recently registered users.
Ah, okay. A custom job.  :)  Maybe a mod? I don't know if one exists for that, though.

Kindred

The things you have been asking for are all part of most portal mods.

Instead of custom coding it all, why don't you just use a portal?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gear777

Quote from: Kindred on May 23, 2024, 09:15:53 PMThe things you have been asking for are all part of most portal mods.

Instead of custom coding it all, why don't you just use a portal?
I already tried it and I don't like how it looks and does it, I already have everything I need on the main page. This is the only thing I'm missing. I just want to show the latest registered users on the forum.

Advertisement: