News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade from YaBB 2 RC 1

Started by Jozzy, December 16, 2005, 12:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jozzy

On this adress; hxxp:www.lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl [nonactive] I have YaBB2 RC 1 installed.

Is it possible to upgrade to newest SMF?
The YaBB forum uses falt file text database, and SMF uses MySQL ... is that a problem?

Kindest regards
Jostein Thomassen

P.S. Thanx for the best looking forum I've seen so far!!!

Oldiesmann

There is a converter in the 1.1 Converters topic for YaBB 2.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Jozzy

Thax alot Oldiesmann !

I get an error when trying to convert. Heres is the beginning and the end.

Warning: file(/home/sites/lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/Settings.pl): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 94
Converting membergroups...
Warning: file(/home/sites/lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/membergroups.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 116
Successful.
Converting members...
Notice: Undefined index: icq in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 269

Notice: Undefined index: aim in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 270

Notice: Undefined index: yim in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 271

Notice: Undefined index: msn in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 272

........continues a few hundred lines...........

Notice: Undefined index: bday in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 278

Notice: Undefined index: hidemail in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 279

Notice: Undefined index: bday in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 287
Successful.
Converting settings...
Warning: file(/home/sites/lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/news.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 342

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 342

Notice: Undefined index: MaxSigLen in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 355

Notice: Undefined index: timeout in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 356

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_width in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 359

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_height in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 360

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_width in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 361

Notice: Undefined index: userpic_height in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 362

Warning: file(/home/sites/lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/reservecfg.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 364

Warning: file(/home/sites/lydstasjon.info/cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/reserve.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 369

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/sites/lydstasjon.info/www/board/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 369
Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `dragonweb`.lyd_categories
    ADD tempID tinytext;

Caused the error:

Duplicate column name 'tempID'

Anyone know?

I have tried to chmod basicly most of the files I could think was involved.

Jozzy

No one that's had this problem before?  ::)

whit

I was struggling with similar errors on the same conversion.  YaBB 2 RC 1 to SMF.  I'm posting it here for you and for anyone who's doing what I was doing:  Googling for answers. 

Here's how I got mine to work:

1. Make sure you're converting to SMF 1.1 RC 1.  The current converter does not work at all with RC 2.
2. Alter convert.php so that the process is not interrupted by time constraints.  I did this by changing line 1498 to the following:
if (time() - $time_start < 300)

(Changed from "$time_start < 10".)

That was more than sufficient for a very slow processor (PIII test box) converting about 2000 posts.  If you have a ton of posts, you may need to make that number higher and use set_time_limit to make your server time limit longer.  The main thing is:  don't let the conversion get interrupted.  That's what is causing the errors.

Once I made that change, the converter ran well and everything imported without major problems.

Advertisement: