News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum DOA!

Started by Elegant John, December 31, 2005, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elegant John

Upgraded to rc2 and like a dumbass, did not take the TP mod down before doing so and this is the result! http://www.ladiesofnuevolaredo.com   Any ideas? Tried restoring the site through backups and that failed also!

thanks in advance!

Grudge

Sounds like you have not uploaded all the files, unless it uses integration, inwhich case maybe in phpMyAdmin run:

DELETE FROM smf_settings
WHERE variable LIKE 'integra%'

PLEASE backup that table first though, just incase (Back it up by clicking "export" when viewing the table.
I'm only a half geek really...

Elegant John

That line does not appear in any query sting with phpMy Admin. also, there does not appear to be any manner in which to "turn off" the portal from within mysql.

redone

If you are in phpmyadmin you could just drop all the tp tables.

Grudge

I wouldn't drop the tp tables, won't help.

John, look at the settings table in phpMyAdmin and if there are any settings beginning with the words "integrate" remove them. Also, make sure you definetely uploaded Load.php

redone

I suppose I was thinking if you remove the TP enteries in the database and uploaded clean sources etc you could run the upgrade again.

Nobody knows more about SMF than Grudge!  ;D

Elegant John

Looked at the strings for TP and nothing seems to work in that regard. Nothing about integration in the tables also. Looking at the TP package, it does major mods to multiple files..sooooo!!!

I did a fresh install and then uplaided a db backup! I have all my forums as they were previously but have lost the entire member list! (Happy F**in New Years!)

Now I am getting this error Unknown column 'lb.ID_MSG' in 'field list'
File: /home/fronter/public_html/lg/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 83
on the front page. The rest of the forum is accessible as is the admin area.

Never had this much trouble before with this excellent script. I appreciate the help also folks. I am not all that knowledgable as of yet about mysql!

Grudge

John,

That error sounds like you haven't ran upgrade.php

PS - I'm about to go to bed so hopefully someone will help from here. Make sure you run upgrade.php!!!

Advertisement: