News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AIM link bug?

Started by Sig, January 02, 2006, 12:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sig

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see it in a search.

Also, I'm not sure if it was an issue before i upgraded to 1.1RC2 but here goes.

When I click on a members profile link for AOL IM if it has a space in it it replaces it with a +

The plus is also seen in the link for the "Hi, Are you there" but it doesn't show up once AIM is launched. It seems like it doesn't get removed from the name but does get removed from the message.

Thanks in advance. :D

Sig

Sig

click on my AIM icon on this board and you'll see what i'm talking about :)

Sig

beuller............beuller. :)

Does anybody else at least see what I'm talking about?  :o

Dannii

I've never used AIM, but I think +'s are part of the AIM protocol. If it works, does it really matter?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Sig

Quote from: eldacar on January 03, 2006, 03:24:43 AM
I've never used AIM, but I think +'s are part of the AIM protocol. If it works, does it really matter?

But it doesn't work. For instance if the user was "First Last" it would try to send an IM to First+Last instead of either First Last or FirstLast either of which work but first+last does not.

The pluses get parsed into spaces in the message but not in the name.........very odd.

charlottezweb

Anyone else seeing this?

Kirby

The +'s should work just fine with AIM, don't they?

JayBachatero

Actually they used to work before.  Now they are not working like it should.  Maybe some sort of functio that removed whitespace in sn should be added.  It might even be an AIM bug.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Kirby

probably the new AIM :-/

Sig

Anybody have an old version of AIM installed they can try this? I have 5.9.3702 installed.

Advertisement: