Joomla 1.7 bridge does not bridge...

Started by Philip dT, July 23, 2007, 05:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip dT

Hallo, I have smf 1.1.2 and Joomla Bridge 1.7

I have moved server.
Now:

1) The bridge does not bridge
2) The registration images with the scrambled letters does not show.

Is there a way one can re-install the bridge?

SlammedDime

Make sure the path in your Bridge configuration is properly set.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Philip dT

It is proparly set.  But i see that if i want to sync the smf users to joomla, it does not want to "SAVE."  If I then check the users in joomla, the smf users has not been imported.  Is there a way one could REFRESH / REINSTALL the bridge?

SlammedDime

Sure, uninstall, then reinstall, but I doubt that will solve the problem.  Can you provide a link to your site?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Philip dT

Sure, www.truthexposed.co.za.  I've just upgraded to smf 1.1.3, but that did not solve the problem.

Is there no danger in uninstall and reinstall?

SlammedDime

Make sure your Joomla database and SMF database users have access to each others databases.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Philip dT

OK, i have changed my registration to bridge registration.  It seems to work better, but lets say I want to delete a user.  Do I delete it from smf or joomla.  Deleting it from smf does not delete it in joomla.

Orstio

You should be deleting from the wrapped SMF.

If deleting a user from the wrapped SMF does not work, that is a good indication that your SMF database user does not have access to your Joomla database.

Philip dT

Where can that be fixed?

(I do have seperate databases for joomla and smf)

Orstio

What control panel has your host provided for you?

Philip dT

I work with phpmyadmin.

Is the only way that the bridge could work that it has to use the same database?

Orstio

You can't assign user permissions in PhpMyAdmin.

What control panel has your host provided for you?  Is it cPanel?  Plesk?  DirectAdmin?

Philip dT

Might be cpanel (?)

It is hosted with webafrica (cp.glodns.net)

Philip dT

What need to be done?  Can the bridge work if i work with 2 separate databases for joomla and smf?

Kindred

it will only work with 2 separate databases if both of the database users have access to both of the databases.

If you do not have Cpanel as a control center, there is a good chance that you may have to use one database for both smf and joomla.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Philip dT

OK, but what needs to be done tecnically to give both database users access to both databases?

I might be able to get help from my service provider.

Kindred

yuo need to give the smf database user full rights to the joomla database and vice-versa.

This is as simple as a drop down in Cpanel and moderately impossible in some of the other control panels.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: