News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to?

Started by iman_ebru, December 31, 2005, 04:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iman_ebru

Friends at Firsigar projects group are working to translate SMF 1.1 RC 2 to Persian language. :P

Persian is a right to left language similar Arabic and users need SMF Default Theme-RTL. I can redesign it for persian and arab and all right to left languages users. but where can users get it?

I askrd my question from Daniel D. (SMF Language Coordinator) and he seid 'll talk to the team again because of the RTL problems.

I want attach default RTL theme on language pakage? can I? how to? ???

Daniel D.

I can put it on the download page if it's ok for the devs. I asked the team and the new default theme will be fully RTL compatible. I don't know if the old ones will be, too, but you can ask Bloc if you want to.

iman_ebru

I'll test new default them for RTL compatible!

iman_ebru

Quote from: iman_ebru on January 01, 2006, 09:46:12 AM

Ok Daniel, There are many left to right words and images at SMF Default Theme - core and babylon Theme.  ;)

Daniel D.

I can only tell you what the team said to me :(. I'll ask again and again...

bloc

Quote from: iman_ebru on January 01, 2006, 08:17:07 PM
Quote from: iman_ebru on January 01, 2006, 09:46:12 AM

Ok Daniel, There are many left to right words and images at SMF Default Theme - core and babylon Theme.  ;)

I have done some minor things to make it better..but could you tell me as in what is wrong still?

iman_ebru

Quote from: Bloc on January 02, 2006, 04:23:27 AM
I have done some minor things to make it better..but could you tell me as in what is wrong still?

default font size is small for persian and arabic characters. the good font for template design for support all languages is tahoma and 11px for font size.

• at "SMF Default Theme - core" SMF logo is at right
  • tabs background image is wrong
  • and etc...

Do you like I help you for fix the problams and bugs?

see this image: http://tinypic.com/jpzash.gif // at this image default font is tahoma.

you can find all at http://forums.farsigar.com/index.php?theme=1.

Daniel D.

I don't think we can include all languages in one theme. We've to make an extra theme for RTL things. Or an auto-change feature which detects RTL languages and displays some picture etc. in another way.

bloc

Yes..to really be of use ( and not putting in so much checks for rtl ) we could maybe make a theme that is totally optimised for this.

Iman_ebru , your adjusted theme looks good. Could I have a look at the code to see where things are different..?

iman_ebru

Quote from: Bloc on January 04, 2006, 02:08:17 PM
Yes..to really be of use ( and not putting in so much checks for rtl ) we could maybe make a theme that is totally optimised for this.

Iman_ebru , your adjusted theme looks good. Could I have a look at the code to see where things are different..?

I modified only style.css file: download link.

Advertisement: