Shared Forum Mod

Started by Goosemoose, January 06, 2006, 03:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotel

Quote from: ShopHRM on February 20, 2007, 11:01:34 PM
Quote from: kingconnor on March 22, 2006, 06:01:37 PM
Just letting people know this is how to associate a theme with each separate forum. Please bear with me I'm a newbie to php

Step1: Create a new field in the smf_forums table called forumTheme and set to int.

Step 2: in the new field you have created (forumTheme) put the ID_THEME number you wish to associate with the forum (found in smf_themes table)

Step 3: Open up index.php under the root of your forum. Find line number 148 should be loadTheme(); replace with:

$database->setQuery( "SELECT DISTINCT forumTheme
                    FROM #__smf_forums
                    WHERE forumName='".$_REQUEST['forum']."'");

$forumTheme = $database->loadResult();

loadTheme($forumTheme);

Quote from: Goosemoose on March 22, 2006, 01:05:21 PM
Yeah I did notice that too. I haven't had a chance to look at the code that creates the collapsable boards. Basically you would just need to make sure the code there matches the code changed in Load.php. If you find it let me know, I'm really strapped for time right now.

Yep I will check it out at some point and let you all know.

Regards

da king  ;D

I saw someone else get an error for this but i couldnt find the fix so I will ask again, I tried this and I got this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in /home/.maren/mytestsite/mytestsite.hfxgaming.com/forum/index.php on line 150

I tried to change "FROM #__smf_forums" to "FROM smf_forums" but i get the same error.

I am using smf 1.1.2 with smf_1-1_joomla_1-0-x_bridge_1-1-7 and Joomla_1.0.12-Stable-Full_Package
I also get that  error is there a fix for it??

kai920

Has anyone used this mod with Mambo?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I did... But I stop... It is very much working perfectly...

Hotel

is there any chance of a smf 2.0 version of this?

Kindred

since there is no longer an SMF/Joomla bridge....    I doubt it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Quote from: Hotel on October 31, 2008, 10:27:39 PM
is there any chance of a smf 2.0 version of this?
Well, I am not so sure about this. The coding is different in 2.0. So I am not sure whether this is possible though I am interested to try.

Simbyte

I would be very interested in that, too. The Shared Forum Mod is a very important part of my forum. Without it, I can't switch to SMF 2.0.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on November 03, 2008, 07:39:09 AM
since there is no longer an SMF/Joomla bridge....    I doubt it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Simbyte

I don't use joomla in my old version either, I just use this system to separate the different areas of a very big forum.

Kindred

Well, THIS mod was designed for bridged systems....   and so.........
Слaва
Украинi

Goosemoose

I'll be looking at this again soon as I'm about to switch to 2.0. There is a Joomla/SMF mod again using JFusion as I'm sure you guys know.

Orstio

You'd be better off looking at SJSB, and updating the Shared Forum mod for 2.0. 

ilwoody

That alpha state is more valuable than a lot of BETA around ;)
Simple Joomla! 1.5.x / SMF 2.x bridge - ver 1.0.14 alpha 26/03/2009
http://code.google.com/p/sjsb/
--
Support: http://groups.google.com/group/sjsb
Bugs:  http://code.google.com/p/sjsb/issues/list
Live: http://www.youpokeme.com/sjsb/

Yeah... it works well though... I used both JFusion & SJSB in one site

Ronny

I love SJSB very much, even in alpha state :-)

I sure like to attempt shared forum mod using sjsb with smf 1.1.7. Hopefully nothing much changed. But I have to understand nicholas view.php first. He created for almost each and every main menu action. Plus, I am not even a coder.

Anyone want to try this mod on SJSB + smf 1.1.7?

I do this and the Shared Forum Mod works in Joomla 1.5.9 using SJSB + smf 1.1.7.

First follow all instructions at post #1 except step #5 (orstio, goosemoose & Kingconnor).

Edit as per post #111 (sarge)

Find at around line 182 in administrator/components/com_smf/helper.php:
return 'index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid='.$Itemid;

Change to:
return 'index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&forum='.$_REQUEST['forum'];

Thanks to orstio, goosemoose, Kingconnor, sarge, ilwoody and all others for this.

Good luck!

FidelGonzales

Quote from: Simbyte on November 03, 2008, 09:44:16 AM
I would be very interested in that, too. The Shared Forum Mod is a very important part of my forum. Without it, I can't switch to SMF 2.0.

That's the problem with mods that are not heavily supported and able to adapt to newer versions.

Since you are using it, what is the practical application and significance of such a mod? I see some benefit but do not quite grasp it. Thanks.

Advertisement: