Shared Forum Mod

Started by Goosemoose, January 06, 2006, 03:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasnet

Hi

This mod is perfect for what we are looking to do

Before I start working on it can I confirm that this will still work with 1.1 RC3 and the bridge version 1.1.6.

I am only asking as the original post was some time ago.

Many thanks for the great work

Tasnet

Goosemoose

it should work fine. I've seen others using the same combo

tasnet

Sorry to keep this post going  ;)  but I need to save the little amount of hair I have left and need to ask for some guidance/help

I have copied all the lines needed into the different folders and was getting a few parsing errors, which I have sorted but now I am left with:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "3,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31")
AND b.childLevel <= 1 OR' at line 18
File: /home/j/public_html/smf1/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 86

the line in question is:
AND b.childLevel <= 1" : '') . " ORDER BY c.catOrder, b.boardOrder ASC" , __FILE__, __LINE__);

I only get the error if I add the name of the forum on the link ie
index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=31&forum=Design

If i dont add the name at the end (forum= ) it shows the whole forum.

I am using SMF 1.1 RC3 and bridge 1.1.6.

I have seen that someone else had a similar issue but was resolved but removing the step where you add

// Added for the multiple forum mod
    if(!empty($_REQUEST['forum']) && !isset($_REQUEST['board']) &&!isset($_REQUEST['topic'])){
      $forumList = db_query("SELECT catList FROM {$db_prefix}forums WHERE forumName = '$_REQUEST[forum]'", __FILE__, __LINE__);
      $row_forumList = mysql_fetch_assoc($forumList);
     $user_info['query_see_board'] .= ' AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "' . $row_forumList['catList'] . '")';
   }

to boardindex.php, but its the same result with that section added or not

I will add the code around the line in question to see if there is an issue missed

QuoteLEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS mods_mem ON (mods_mem.ID_MEMBER = hxxp:mods.id [nonactive]_MEMBER)
      WHERE $user_info[query_see_board]" . (empty($modSettings['countChildPosts']) ? "
AND b.childLevel <= 1" : '') . " ORDER BY c.catOrder, b.boardOrder ASC" , __FILE__, __LINE__);

// Run through the categories and boards....
   $context['categories'] = array();
   while ($row_board = mysql_fetch_assoc($result_boards))
   {

Many thanks in advance

Tasnet

Goosemoose

Make sure you have the Recent Posts Bar disabled, you can also try setting DisableQuotedPrintable = 1 in your smf_settings.

tasnet

Thanks for the reply Goosemoose

Unfortunatly i have tried those already.

I am guessing it must be something local, but I will keep trying

Many thanks

cody

Im having this problem too though onlywhen I am logged onto the forum.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "1,6,7")
AND b.childLevel <= 1 ORDER BY c.catOrder' at line 18
File: /home/*****/*****/elmwood-rpg.com/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 84

I am using SMF 1.1 Final and and bridge 1.1.6

Goosemoose

Try taking out the ORDER BY c.catOrder and see if it shows up (though out of order).

cody

that was one of the first things I did, and it didn't fix the problem.

this is what it said when I did.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "1,6,7")
AND b.childLevel <= 1b.boardOrder ASC' at line 18
File: /home/*****/*****/elmwood-rpg.com/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 84

Goosemoose

Are you using the default theme? Did you disable the recent posts setting?

cody

Im not using the default theme, and what (and where) recent posts setting.

DenDen60

Quote from: Goosemoose on November 27, 2006, 12:51:17 PM
denden60, you can try smoothify's method above. It is for people who aren't using the bridge.

But would I be able to have a different "look and feel" for each forum and each instance of TP? For me that's very important

Thanks

DenDen60

Goosemoose

You could, but you'd have to do some customization yourself. I posted some code a few pages back on how to determine which forum you are on, you could load a theme based on that variable.

DenDen60

Quote from: Goosemoose on December 05, 2006, 02:57:01 PM
You could, but you'd have to do some customization yourself. I posted some code a few pages back on how to determine which forum you are on, you could load a theme based on that variable.

Thank's will that work with TP as well? In your opinion of course.

Thanks

DenDen60

Goosemoose

It should, but I really haven't looked at TP enough to know for sure. You could always setup a second site and test it out.

cody

So I am pretty sure the recent posts is disabled, what else can I do to try and fix this?

Goosemoose

When I get some time this weekend I'll look at it. I'm sure the code of 1.1Final must have changed enough to break this. Are you running TinyPortal by any chance?

cody

cody

Any idea why this isnt working for me yet?

Goosemoose

Not yet. I'm finishing up my Integrated Chat mod for 1.1 Final, then I'll look at this mod.

Neol

Goosemoose, please see if you can make an installable mod (through Package Manager). I guess smf.php has to be modified separately, since it's part of the bridge, not the forum.

An optional visual interface for setting up subforums would also be very welcome...

Advertisement: