News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding Adsense to header

Started by Fusion, May 01, 2006, 07:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Advice for doing this please? :). I tried using an ads mod but it only accepts HTML.

Thanks.

I B D

you need to insert in index.template.php

If you are using RC2 then this thread will help

If its 1.0.7 then please say where you would like the adds and ill show you where to insert the code

H

You can use the thread that sloopz pointed to or try the ad management mod available from the package manager and the mod site (http://mods.simplemachines.org)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)
                             

I B D

Quote from: huwnet on May 02, 2006, 03:54:29 PM
You can use the thread that sloopz pointed to or try the ad management mod available from the package manager and the mod site (http://mods.simplemachines.org)

huwnet sorry to pull you over

Quote from: Fusion on May 01, 2006, 07:43:26 PM
I tried using an ads mod but it only accepts HTML.

Thanks.

Isnt there only one of them?

H

Ops, silly me.

Although adsense is only html
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)
                             

Fusion

Misunderstanding with the mod, it does work :)

Doesn't it class as Javascript too though? Bah, I've been sleep deprived lately :(

jerm

javascript can be used with this mod :)

trenchteam

Throw it in your index template and position it with CSS. thats what I did.

dianneph

Quote from: sloopz on May 02, 2006, 01:57:23 AM
you need to insert in index.template.php

If you are using RC2 then this thread will help

If its 1.0.7 then please say where you would like the adds and ill show you where to insert the code
Hi. I didn't post this to begin with, but it's what I'm looking for instructions on. I am setting up the Helios_Multi theme on my forum at http://singleparentshelp.com/forum [nofollow] and I am really really green at this coding thing. I know a little about CSS and I know HTML,but I know next to nothing about PHP. I did figure out how to open the php files in Dreamweaver, but I don't know where to put the code for my Adsense ads. I would like them at the top of the page, on all pages.

And while we are at it, I'd also appreciate some direction on where to add in my Forum Title and possibly an image, preferably in that top box where it has my pic and this part...Hey, Dianne, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 15 hours and 31 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Can you help me? TIA!

Advertisement: