News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

when you get back, chris, maybe you can upload an update the mod available for d/l on the mod site?

for everyone else...
Here is the updated mod package that fixers that error and also removes "span" from the ManageCalendar code/admin screen:

http://www.planetcurran.com/smf/repeatEvents_1_2_2.zip
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

citron

Quote from: Kindred on April 19, 2007, 07:58:20 AM
when you get back, chris, maybe you can upload an update the mod available for d/l on the mod site?

for everyone else...
Here is the updated mod package that fixers that error and also removes "span" from the ManageCalendar code/admin screen:

hxxp:www.planetcurran.com/smf/repeatEvents_1_2_2.zip [nonactive]

I can confirm version 1.2.2 removes the PHP bracket from the top left, but the script code is still displayed at the bottom of the Post Event screen.

It says, "<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><![CDATA[ swapEndDate('none'); // ]]></script>".&nbsp; A previous poster (brelwit) in this thread provided a screen shot of the error.

citron

(Maybe this should be broken out to a new thread?  If so, could a moderator please perform that action?)

Short explanation: The "Force default board in events" setting in the "Repeating Calendar Events" mod does not function on the second Post Event screen.

1. Is this a bug or feature?
2. Can anybody confirm my findings?

Long explanation:
Environment
- SMF 1.1.2
- Default theme
- Repeating Calendar Events v1.2.2

The calendar options are configured as shown...

hxxp:img377.imageshack.us/img377/4884/postevent0on8.jpg [nonactive]

On the first Post Event screen, as expected, the Post In field is grayed out...

hxxp:img377.imageshack.us/img377/7504/postevent1dq6.jpg [nonactive]

But, on the second Post Event screen (reached after clicking Post on the first screen), the Post In field defaulted to the first alphabetical board (not the board selected in the Calendar settings), and is not grayed out...

hxxp:img383.imageshack.us/img383/7629/postevent2lk2.jpg [nonactive]

EdwinN

Can someone tell me how to code/configure it so it works on/with dutch language.

It works, but i cant see the written lines in dutch language. Wich files do i need to edit?

Kindred

you will need to open modifications.english.php, find all of the strings added by this mod and then add the saem (translated) strings to modifications.dutch.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rosiem

At the top of my forum there's a ?>
How can I get rid of it?

Kindred

Try reading a few posts back?

Quote from: Kindred on April 19, 2007, 07:58:20 AM
for everyone else...

http://www.planetcurran.com/smf/repeatEvents_1_2_2.zip
Слaва
Украинi

rosiem

Chris Curran

I'm back, but whipped. I'll address the q's & c's tomorrow....

brelwit

Quote from: Chris Curran on April 22, 2007, 09:49:52 PM
I'm back, but whipped. I'll address the q's & c's tomorrow....

Ok, hope these errors are easy to fix.  Thanks Chris! :)

Poreman

After installing  Repeating Events for Calendar
I am running SMF 1.1.2

8: Undefined index: event
File: /home/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/forums/Themes/default/Post.template.php
Line: 855

The Line refered to is:
if ($context['event']['repeating']=='0')

The error is showing up in admin error logs
Ideas?
Thanks
Poreman
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:11

TrustingJesus

citron

Was anybody able to confirm the findings I reported in Reply #122 of this thread?

brelwit

Quote from: citron on May 02, 2007, 02:48:51 PM
Was anybody able to confirm the findings I reported in Reply #122 of this thread?

Yep, I confirm that this bug also exists along with the "CDDATA..." code that appears at the bottom of some of the Calendar pages.  These bugs are what's keeping me from using SMF.  If these can be fixed then SMF is the only open source forum that I know of with a working Repeating Calendar.

citron

Quote from: brelwit on May 07, 2007, 10:37:29 AM

Yep, I confirm that this bug also exists along with the "CDDATA..." code that appears at the bottom of some of the Calendar pages.&nbsp; These bugs are what's keeping me from using SMF.&nbsp; If these can be fixed then SMF is the only open source forum that I know of with a working Repeating Calendar.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Yes, these two bugs are the reasons keeping me from using this mod.

farzad

Chris Curran

OK folks, update posted. Let me know how it works out for ya.......

farzad

if i uninstall the original mod and install the mod again will i lose all my repeating events?

Chris Curran

Quote from: farzad on May 10, 2007, 09:49:37 AM
if i uninstall the original mod and install the mod again will i lose all my repeating events?

No

Chris Curran

I forgot to include the fix for this in v1.2.3 that I posted a few minutes ago. v1.2.4 is now posted...

farzad

hurray!  nice work!

Advertisement: