Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvencl

Perfect timing.
I was just looking for a way to have a couple of weekly items repeat themeselves and send an email reminder 60 minute prior the event. Is that something that this might do?

Akyhne

I know he dissapeared, but somebody might know the reason to these errors.

Kindred

luvencl,

While you can set the items to repeat, neither this mod nor the one I am redesigning will send email reminders.

akyhne,

Try reading through the thread....   I believe the answer is no.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

2Ntense

Weird... sorry 'bout that, I thought I'd attached the slightly cleaned-up version I'd played with earlier on in the thread, but I don't see it (attached again below).

Other than a couple of minor mistakes that I'd added in from other comments in the thread, this version is mostly just the whole original package with spaces converted to tabs so that it doesn't make the package parsers gag and choke.

I gave up in disgust on this mod 'cos there was still so much remaining to be done to make it worthwhile.  I finally chopped the whole CALENDAR out of the forum I was working on and dropped the SourceForge WebCalendar in it's place.  It's a standalone 'events calendar' that's not interfacing with the SMF database, but at least the darned thing WORKS.  Note: the SourceForge 1.1.5 release code insists on register_globals = ON  (which my host doesn't support for obvious security reasons) so I had to run the 1.2b1 code instead.

Ims

Quote from: Chris Curran on January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM
Link to Mod

Hi, Hello:

I'm a new SMF user. I dl'ed and installed 1.1 RC2 a few days ago and so far no troubles.

One question though: I needed a calendar app that allowed repeating events - the span thing just didn't cut it for our needs (an astro club). I took a theme from Bloc (Black22) and modified the Post.template.php and Calendar.template.php files as needed, however, due to the addition fields I'm using I needed to modify the calendar table structure (added columns) and the Post.php and Calendar.php files (to support the new columns related to repeating events).

Here's the question: How do I share these mods with the rest of the community? Since my mods are not limited to the "template" files I'm not sure what to do. Diff files? Is there a cvs this can be posted to? What question am I forgetting to ask? Sorry if I've missed a document that covers this - I poked around and don't see anything obvious...

salute and happy days,
Chris Curran

A cropped screen-print of the mod:

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm Thai

[SiNaN]

If you have difficulties in understanding English, try our Language Support Boards:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=12.0
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Kindred

but, to answer the question I ASSUME you were asking with that completely out of context quote...

The repeating events mod is currently dead.

I intend to re-write is when SMF 2.0 RC is released.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akyhne

That would be really great

Smoothbrain

Hi I just uploaded this mod and I realize the author is not supporting any more but I have a question about cal mods in general.  Does anyone know of a way to add the time to your calendar?  For example, I want an event to start a certain time, how do I input that in? Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Kindred

you can not without re-coding...   Please ask in the smf coding board if yo have the capability to do it yourself.
Слaва
Украинi

Smoothbrain

EkSeS

Quote from: Kindred on July 20, 2008, 07:58:39 AM
I will be incorporating it back into the Phat Cal pack when I rebuild it for 2.0 (after RC is released), but it is doubtful that there will ever be a supported version for 1.1.5

have you for SMF x 2 Beta?
I would like to "test" it ;)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

brtz

Excuse me for the bump, but i was wondering if the 'attendees' function is in this mod?Or is it something that might come?

Asking since someone talked about it in this topic
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=66939.msg1093187;topicseen#msg1093187 :)

Kindred

I am considering it for the 2.0 release of the phatCalPack
Слaва
Украинi

brtz

ok, thanks for the heads up. Really looking forward to it :)

SNewman

It would be AWESOME if someone could update this for SMF 2.0 Beta 4.  I've tried the manual install instructions but it doesn't work...too much has changed from SMF 1 to SMF 2.

Kindred

I will not be releasing this until 2.0RC1 is released. I will not be making a version for beta4
Слaва
Украинi

PhatTyres

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2008, 08:23:30 PM
I will not be releasing this until 2.0RC1 is released. I will not be making a version for beta4

No disrespect Kindred (your time and work is appreciated)...

How likely is the revamp of the Phat Cal Pack for 2.0?

I was holding my breath for over a year for the 1.1 revamp...finally gasped for air and gave up

Held on to my 1.0 forum until last week just to keep the Phat Cal Pack, finally gave up and upgraded the forum to keep the spam registrations away!

I really miss the Phat Cal.

Thanks,
Dan
OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

Kindred

I *WILL* be making a version for 2.0, once RC1 is released. I have half of the code working on my RC1 beta test. :)

I never updated for 1.1 because Chris Curran has released something (but then he disappeared. :( ) and then we (SMF Team) started work on 2.0, which changes all of the code structures.

So, it is coming.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: