Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ooop

Soooo.....

i had some time to check out the issue i mentioned concerning how when editing an event it does not retain original dates >>> would you believe it >>> it's a browser thing - turns out it, what i was speaking of, has effect i mentioned (doesn't work properly) on the most popular browser there is >>> the dreaded IE6 - yup, that's right - with the mod installed, somehow original dates are not retained in the event edit form while using IE6 >>> can you believe it? :)

Knome

This mod doesn't seem to work with any other skins, can you give a list of things modified so i can implement them on my skin.  

Kindred

open up the mod zipfile and view the install file inside it...   this has instructions on what code to add, change or remove.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chris Curran

I can confirm that it's an IE6 issue (I use Firefox). I have it fixed and will be posting an update soon...

Quote from: ooop on February 04, 2007, 03:21:19 AM
Soooo.....

i had some time to check out the issue i mentioned concerning how when editing an event it does not retain original dates >>> would you believe it >>> it's a browser thing - turns out it, what i was speaking of, has effect i mentioned (doesn't work properly) on the most popular browser there is >>> the dreaded IE6 - yup, that's right - with the mod installed, somehow original dates are not retained in the event edit form while using IE6 >>> can you believe it? :)

ooop

cool...

what a "weird" surprise/"bug" - huh?

Chris Curran

I've posted an update of this mod: http://www.planetcurran.com/smf/repeatEvents_1_2.zip

This version corrects a IE display error and adds a few config items. To turn the display of the Moon Phases on/off, go to Admin|Calendar and scroll to the bottom of the list:

Display Moon phases:    Turns the display of the Moon Phases on/off
Moon Phase text color:   The color of the text used to display the Moon Phase info.

Tested with 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

Enjoy!
Chris

ksieg

Hi Chris,

I just tried to install this using the package manager and got the following results:

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Calendar.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Calendar.template.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageCalendar.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageCalendar.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageCalendar.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Code    add_settings.php    
10.    Execute Code    repeatEvents_modifyTables.php

Any ideas?

P.S.

Thank you very much for putting this mod together.  I'm shocked that this hasn't been done already by the dev team and, after reading this thread and others requesting recurring events as far back as 2005, I'm wondering if the dev team isn't listening to the community.  I'm very thankful to them for all the work they've done with SMF and it's an amazing piece of software so I'm not trying to bust their chops.

I'm looking forward to seeing this mod approved -- it's long past due that recurring events be added to the best piece of Forum software I've found out there -- SMF.

Chris Curran

What version of SMF and what mods do you have installed?

ooop

same thing here...
Quote4. Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Calendar.template.php      Test failed

Chris Curran

Quote from: ooop on March 03, 2007, 12:20:10 AM
same thing here...
Quote4. Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Calendar.template.php      Test failed

Same question: what version of SMF and what mods are installed?

ooop

sorry, i missed that Q....

i tried it on SMF 1.1.1

Chris Curran

Quote from: ooop on March 03, 2007, 08:08:59 AM
sorry, i missed that Q....

i tried it on SMF 1.1.1

What mods are installed?

ooop

none > virgin install...

i believe the problem is CDATA stuff in xml syntax:

repeatEvents_1_2.xml

in the middle of the last <add> for <file name="$themedir/Calendar.template.php" error="fatal"> is the following:

Quote]]>]]<![CDATA[
not commented out properly, or something (just a guess)

that old nesting the CDATA problem (at least i think that's the problem) ;)

Chris Curran

Quote from: ooop on March 03, 2007, 09:26:02 AM
none > virgin install...

i believe the problem is CDATA stuff in xml syntax:

repeatEvents_1_2.xml

in the middle of the last <add> for <file name="$themedir/Calendar.template.php" error="fatal"> is the following:

Quote]]>]]<![CDATA[
not commented out properly, or something (just a guess)

that old nesting the CDATA problem (at least i think that's the problem) ;)

I do not think this is the issue. Again, what mods do you have installed?

Chris Curran

Quote from: ooop on March 03, 2007, 09:26:02 AM
none > virgin install...

Missed this the first time... Do me a favor then. Extract the xml from the zip and run it through "test_modification.php". It should give a better clue as to what's the problem....

thx,
Chris

ksieg

Chris,

I also have a virgin install with NO mods installed.  The version I've installed is 1.1.2.

Thanks,

--Ken

ksieg

Chris, any updates on this?

ooop

i have not yet run it through test_modification.php yet --- but i will say this - my suspicion that it was the nested CDATA stuff > does not seem to be the problem (it might be, but if it is, well then, there be another problem too - but chances are the "other" problem is the only one < did that make sense?)

Chris Curran

Quote from: ksieg on March 04, 2007, 06:17:06 PM
Chris, any updates on this?

No, I'm waiting to here the results of running it through "test_modification.php"....

ksieg

Hi Chris, I don't know how to run it through "test_modification.php" if you tell me I'll be happy to try it.

Thanks,

--Ken

Advertisement: