News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Topic Solved Mod

Started by Grudge, March 07, 2004, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MkC

Quote from: lonrot on October 30, 2007, 11:32:48 AM
Oh no!, what about paying someone all of us to make a compatible version, like putting 5 dollars each, so if we are many then the profit would be enough.
??
Topicsolved is free  ???
why paid?

Neorics

because nobody wanna make a tinyportal version
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

lonrot

Quote from: Neorics on October 30, 2007, 01:17:59 PM

Exactly, so who else is gonna support my idea, besides myself?
If we are enough people we could post a [PAID] request thread and express how much we can pay for this special Tiny Portal version.

MkC

Errors excepted in my part, I said that it was necessary that I make a version for tinyportal, therefore it is under way, as I did not write that this mod and that I do not make that this, this takes a little of time but it is under way.....

Neorics

Quote from: MkC on October 30, 2007, 02:46:41 PM
Errors excepted in my part, I said that it was necessary that I make a version for tinyportal, therefore it is under way, as I did not write that this mod and that I do not make that this, this takes a little of time but it is under way.....

woah cool, thanks dude... this is really appreciated
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

pirat3

someone make a tinyportal version plez :(

lonrot

Quote from: Neorics on October 30, 2007, 03:02:05 PM
Quote from: MkC on October 30, 2007, 02:46:41 PM

woah cool, thanks dude... this is really appreciated

Well, that's a relief ^_^

Tramposch

this is exactly what i was looking for! thanks.
Visit my website!

basys

Hi Folks

Quote from: MkC on September 06, 2007, 03:42:21 PM
English version: http://support.smfgratuit.org/index.php?topic=66.msg87#msg87

MkC-
Very much appreciate your upgrading this package.

If this mod can't be uploaded to SMF
then for us non-french speakers
can someone please host this on -
- an english page
- an english site that we don't have to sign up to view

EDIT
For english speakers the correct link without having to login, is -
http://support.smfgratuit.org/Mod_Topic_Solved-topic-595-0.html
See English at foot of page.

Could someone please post clear instructions & filenames for the sequence of -
- uninstall old version
- install new version
- install update version

ATB
Paul

forumpassion

Sorry, mkc cannot answer any more he was banished to have to post a correction for smf 2.0

BigMike

Quote from: basys on December 02, 2007, 09:23:03 AM
For english speakers the correct link without having to login, is -
http://support.smfgratuit.org/Mod_Topic_Solved-topic-595-0.html
See English at foot of page.

Paul

Paul,

I downloaded and attempted to install "TopicSolved_V12_smf112_english.zip" into my 1.1.4 (it says it is compatible) however I get errors trying to run the TopicSolvedPdb.php file.

I am using my Package Manager, and when I applied the mod, it took a looooooooooooong time, and then it displayed the following error message:
Database Error
Duplicate entry 'topicsolvedLockSolved' for key 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/marlincrawler.com/subdomains/board/httpdocs/Packages/temp/TopicSolvedPdb.php
Line: 53

It took a loooong time so I think it already processed my database and all, so I am thinking about removing that step from the mod file and then running the rest of the modification, but umm yeah ;) probably not a good idea  :D

Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone has gotten this mod to install on 1.1.4. I installed Grudge's original mod, which went well except the action page to setup all the options (action=featuresettings;sa=solved) is NO WHERE in my admin center, I had to read the modification file to see how to even configure the mod.

No surprise, I know the mod is not designed for 1.1.4, but after I got it setup and working, next it lacks any kind of permissions and only admins can use this feature. I was about to start tweaking it when I saw your reply above.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has gotten MkC's version to install into 1.1.4

EDIT [11:15am]:

Ok, for any new user who is installing Grudge's original Solved mod onto SMF 1.1.4, it works just fine however some problem yet exist. These problems may have been covered in this thread, but I did not want to search through 18 pages to find it, so I just figured out what needs to be done and here it is in easy steps:

Problem #1: The link in the Admin Center > Features and Options for the settings of the mod is not viewable / it does not exist.

Solution: After the mod has been installed, edit your /Sources/ModSettings.php and search for:
loadLanguage('CustomProfile');
// Load up all the tabs...
$context['admin_tabs'] = array(

Depending on what current modifications you have made to your forum, you will need to add the following code to the array list above:
'solved' => array(
'title' => $txt['topicsolved_title'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=solved;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),

You'll notice you have different arrays each of which are the menu tabs of your Admin Center > Features and Options section, such as 'basic', 'layout', 'profile', etc. Where ever you decide to add the 'solved' array shown above, make sure if you want it to be the last tab in your Features and Options section, then to include the 'is_last' => true, to the solved array if you wish.

Now you can access the settings page for Grudge's original Solved mod

Problem #2: Only admins have access to this nice feature.

Solution: After the mod has been installed, edit your /Sources/Post.php. Find:
if ($ID_MEMBER != $ID_MEMBER_POSTER && !isset($user_info['is_admin']))
and replace with:
if ($ID_MEMBER != $ID_MEMBER_POSTER && !isset($user_info['is_admin']) && !allowedTo('moderate_board'))

Next, edit your /Themes/<theme>/Display.template.php. Find:
if (($context['user']['started'] || $context['user']['is_admin']) && isset($context['topicSolved']))
and replace with:
if (($context['user']['started'] || allowedTo('moderate_board') || $context['user']['is_admin']) && isset($context['topicSolved']))

Now Grudge's original mod for this will work with SMF 1.1.4 perfectly. I tried installing the mod basys linked to above, but it would not work. Then I went back to the original mod made by Grudge and make the above changes and now it is working perfectly.

Thanks Grudge! Awesome work!
Regards,
BigMike

Rafferty

the original 1.22 appears to be working for me however I can't find anywhere to change the background colours? A bit of advice please someone?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

mugz

There is a problem that i am getting with this Mod and i am not sure why...
When i install it ... it installs successfully ... and i know it has installed coz when i go in to boards and click on modify i can see a little check mark ... but the issue i am having is .. i am not seeing the text along side that check box ...
neither do i see the buttons for topic:solved etc... on each post...
so i wonder what i am doing wrong ... coz when i use the SMF parser... and click on install to my current theme ... it shows nothing to add to my templates for editing...

I am using the Kelp panic theme. and my website is orangepostings.com [nofollow]

please help me .. will really appreciate it!
PS:- could it be because i am using version 1.1.4 of SMF?

LeGaS

If you don't see the link in Features and options, then copy this to the address bar:
http://yourdomain.com/forum/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=solved

mugz

Hmm it says that page not found...

SantaClaws

i tried to add it and it sed Hacking Attempt...

nunoleite

If you don't see the option you must do this:

File
./Sources/ModSettings.php

find:
'is_last' => true,

Add Before:
),
'solved' => array(
'title' => $txt['topicsolved_title'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=solved;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],

Please, correct your Install Instructions.
If you need any help i will be glad to help you.
Please Visit:
hxxp:www.forumdeinformatica.net [nonactive]

unformatted_

It´s possible this mod do this?
-who create the topic can choose the best answer
-when the topic creater choose the best answer then that post should be in other color or something easy to understand that is the best answer
-the member will have in the profile "X best answers"

I think is a nice mod to increase the quality posting in any forum

see a sample here:
http://www.linkedin.com/answers/product-management/pricing/PRM_PRC/258373-3709827?goback=%2Eavq_261369_1214685_0_*2

unformatted_

In attach a print screen when I choose the good answers. If I choose only one, then this is the best answer

stmartin

Where is the Topic Solved button? i can see only accept and reject?

Advertisement: