Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

@ anakmacan: install the mod first through the package manager and then edit the template files manually.

@ rmg_07: Go through the template files and look for duplicate code and remove it.

anakmacan

I forgot what i did, but everything's back to normal now, hehehe ^^

norackdog

@bigguy & whoever can solve this problem

I need your help in modifying this Ad Management Mod.
I can't find Ad Management link under configuration menu of my SMF Administration page.

I have installed the mod successfully since there is no error message appeared. My SMF version is 1.1.2, my theme is SMF Default Theme - Core, but my SMF was configured with indonesian language.

Please don't suggest me to change the languange to english ;D, I won't have problem with english, but most of my visitors will.

Questions:
1. How to activate Ad Management Mod in other languange out of english, especially in the indonesian languange?
2. one more thing, how to add the "select language" drop down menu?
I can see that on top of each page in this forum.

Thanks

babjusi

In order for the mods to work properly, you must have the default theme and english as your forum''s default language. Otherwise you must do some changes. Why don''t you set english as a default and the members of your forum can set the indonesian language individually, simplu by going to their profile-Account Related Settings-Preferred Language:     
It is easy this way. Anyway here you will find that mod that it will allow you to add the "select language" drop down menu in your forum

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=598

norackdog

[EDITED]

I found my self the solution. I renamed:

[SMF Installation Folder]/Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php

onto:

Ads.indonesian.php

changed back default language to Indonesian and,

Whoala!!

the AD MANAGEMENT menu is still in where it should be.

even all sub menus are still in english, they do not bother me.
Like I said, I am not the one who has problem in comprehending english.

Sorry for my bad english, I should learn more to let it work better.

[/EDITED]

your solution makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

Until I find the way of modifying every mod I have installed (and I will install) so they will be compatible with indonesian languange, I think your solution would be the best for the moment.

Looking forward to hearing, from anyone of you the experts, a direct solution (by modifying the mod package) of my query.

norackdog

is there possibility to count how many time visitor click the ad links, then the mod may automatically add users to or remove from a specific group depends on the counted number of clicks.

later we may give access to some parts of forum only for specific users who have already click ads for at least in a specific number of click.

Gurus, please kindly advise ...

Bigguy

Maybe in the next version of the ad mod. Not in this one I am afraid.

dazlia

Could anyone tell me how to install this please? Im fairly new to SMF and ive added themsse but no idea how to install a mod like this one?

Simple instructions please? cheers

joe90

Having a bad day, I have installed Ad Management on a forum before so have seen it work and know how it works and looks when its up and running.

Now the problem, tried to install it on a new install forum and it dosen't show up, new forum, no mods, default theme .

Seems to have installed OK using package manager, but I can't find the Ad Management link under configuration menu but it seems to have made the space for it, just not put the link in.

Have I missed somthing?
SMF: 1.1.17
Simpleportal:

Bigguy

@ dazlia: Instructions and help can be found at www.smfads.com

@ joe90: What language are you using. ???

askepott

Quote from: Bigguy on June 02, 2007, 01:05:14 PM
@ rmg_07: Go through the template files and look for duplicate code and remove it.

I used to have 2 templates files, boardindex.template.php and index.template.php..
I deleted my boardindex because I like the layout much more using the index.template..
but more prob occured, the ads are not showing onthe main board page ESPECIALLY on those who are using IE..

on my ad management panel, it says :
Edit Ads
Name    Modify
Adsense1    Modify
Adsense1    Modify

2 adsense1 - could that be the problem? I have no idea how to make it appear just 1 =/

will appreciate your help if you can.. thanks :)

joe90

Quote from: Bigguy on June 02, 2007, 01:05:14 PM
@ anakmacan: install the mod first through the package manager and then edit the template files manually.

English, tried everything and it looks to be installed OK but it dont show the mod. 
SMF: 1.1.17
Simpleportal:

askepott

daWsOn_s

Hi I have some problems. I have just installed Ig -OH theme and I can't use Ad managemente, I mean I can edit and add ads but they won't shpw. I read that it works only with the default theme? What does it means? Only with the theme you have when you do the first installation of SMF? Cause it still works for me with Dilber multicolor that's not the default theme of SMF

Thanks

askepott

I found the duplicate codes on my index.template.php (on my smf ROOT directory)
was able to remove the doubles on the ad management control, but the ads are still either showing twice on the forum index OR nothing at all  :-\

Bigguy

See if there is duplicate code in the index.php file.

askepott

I modified/deleted few stuffs.. (and I think I need to edit/delete more stuff.. but hey, it might actually saved me from paying a programmer to do the job :P hehe)

ok, here's what I did... I'm using a custom theme btw.
I deleted the duplicates on the index.template.php (on my smf root directory).
I only have index.template.php on my current theme folder as I had to delete the boardindex.template.php because  I don't like how the childboards look like lol check index.php on the root and index.template.php on your theme folder for duplicates.

if you're still having a prob after that, i suggest that you replaced your "boardindex.template.php" on your theme folder with boardindex.template.php from the DEFAULT SMF THEME. I did that, and it worked for me. don't forget to make back ups before modifying/replacing files. hehe

for those who don't have a prob with the layout of your custom theme.. i think this link will be helpful :
http://dotmyspot.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.0
I used to use that coding and it worked fine..

smiles.

ictus

Quote from: joe90 on June 07, 2007, 03:05:56 AM
Having a bad day, I have installed Ad Management on a forum before so have seen it work and know how it works and looks when its up and running.

Now the problem, tried to install it on a new install forum and it dosen't show up, new forum, no mods, default theme .

Seems to have installed OK using package manager, but I can't find the Ad Management link under configuration menu but it seems to have made the space for it, just not put the link in.

Have I missed somthing?

I'm having exactly the same problem, it's worked before, but I'm doing a fresh install for a new site, default theme, english as the language, it installs and under configuration in the admin area I get an extra blank line, I've gone through all the permissions, and everything looks fine.

Any ideas?????

babjusi

Quote from: ictus on June 11, 2007, 11:45:31 AM
Quote from: joe90 on June 07, 2007, 03:05:56 AM

Have I missed somthing?

I'm having exactly the same problem, it's worked before, but I'm doing a fresh install for a new site, default theme, english as the language, it installs and under configuration in the admin area I get an extra blank line, I've gone through all the permissions, and everything looks fine.

Any ideas?????

What is the default language of your forum?

rabidjade

First time user of the mod and good with SMF. I run an English 1.1.2 forum with the original default theme set. When I enable the ads for ANY board the board itself disappears and sometimes the bottom part of the board with the version number and validation buttons appear in the upper right cell of the header. Using adsense ads if that matters. I skimmed the forum and seen several differing issues so I figured I would try mine.

Advertisement: