News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfresh

I'm using 1.1.5 too and I would like to install Ad Management as well. Where is install.xml file located?

I don't see this mod in the package manager so I guess that means I have to manually install it? If so, could someone explain how I do that? I'm very new to SMF - thanks...

MissyNL

Quote from: rfresh on May 13, 2008, 12:32:35 PM
I'm using 1.1.5 too and I would like to install Ad Management as well. Where is install.xml file located?

I don't see this mod in the package manager so I guess that means I have to manually install it? If so, could someone explain how I do that? I'm very new to SMF - thanks...

have you received any faults with uploading the file and/ or installing it?

Quote from: kolt on May 11, 2008, 07:53:25 PM
please anyone can replay to me pleaseeee!

I need to put an avatar in add post!

help

What do you mean? you want to upload an avatar to a post or want to place it in a post...
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

bjraines

Hello,

whenever a guest views my boards , the right tower breaks and falls to the bottom of the message.

I have looked through the code several times and cannot find anything wrong

You can see it here:

www.mychemistrytutor.com/forums

do not login just click on one of the topics in the most recent list, the right tower will fall?

DareDevil1990

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on May 13, 2008, 12:28:55 PM
It should work fine on SMF 1.1.5

Open the install.xml

Find something like:
<install for>1.1.4</install>

And change to:
<install for>1.1.5</install>

It's not exactly those tags, but I think you'll find it. ^^
here is the xml file can u please edit it for me as i am very new to smf and was unable to find what u said :(
http://rapidshare.com/files/114728668/install.xml.html

MissyNL

Quote from: keshav on May 13, 2008, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: ccbtimewiz on May 13, 2008, 12:28:55 PM
It should work fine on SMF 1.1.5

Open the install.xml

Find something like:
<install for>1.1.4</install>

And change to:
<install for>1.1.5</install>

It's not exactly those tags, but I think you'll find it. ^^
here is the xml file can u please edit it for me as i am very new to smf and was unable to find what u said :(
http://rapidshare.com/files/114728668/install.xml.html

if you open the file in a editor like notepad and you push in CRTL and F together you can search... you will probaly find several options.. so look closely...it's better if you try yourself first.. because that's the only way to learn how to add and/ or replace codes.. in my experience it probably will not be the first time that you have to change a code, if you want to install mods and stuff..
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

kmslogic

The ad management mod is not successfully installing for me either.  The installation proceeds silently and apparently normally, but the Ad Management option in Admin does not appear and the mods to not appear to have taken to the default theme.

FWIW, the <install for> tag is in package-info.xml and is set to

<install for="1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1-1.1.99">

so that isn't the problem...

madfiddler

babjusi

Try the one attached at my post. It installs and un-installs clean in a 1.1.5 version.

kmslogic

For me the culprit was index.php in the httpdocs/ root folder not being set to writable.  I had checked all the other files in sources/themes etc and had somehow missed this one.  It sure would be great if the package manager detected permission problems and reported them.

madfiddler

Quote from: babjusi on May 14, 2008, 08:25:15 PM
Try the one attached at my post. It installs and un-installs clean in a 1.1.5 version.

Thanks for that.

For me, that installs... but there is no setup page in the admin screen unfortunately :(

Looks like, whilst my index.php is writable, it certainly hasn't written this  to it. <file name="$boarddir/index.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[ 'trackip' => array('Profile.php', 'trackIP'),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads'),]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[require_once($sourcedir . '/Security.php');]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
if (file_exists($sourcedir . '/LoadAds.php'))
require_once($sourcedir . '/LoadAds.php');]]></add>
</operation>

babjusi

Quote from: madfiddler on May 15, 2008, 01:19:22 PM

Thanks for that.

For me, that installs... but there is no setup page in the admin screen unfortunately :(

Looks like, whilst my index.php is writable, it certainly hasn't written anything to it.

What is the default language set at your forum?

madfiddler

Gunstra

I have the same problem with ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip, it does not show any settings links and it as well as couple other mods don't even show in the side box, it shows blank spaces, I have included screenshots to you.

babjusi

Is it english or english utf8 cause there is a difference between the 2

adelshehadeh

I am using SMF 1.1.4 and using the default theme

Whenever i create an ad, i cannot delete it. suppose i created 1 ad and deleted it then created a new ad. The new ad will be duplicated. This will cause the ads to duplicate

Please see the snapshot attached

Be nice to geeks! You will end up working for one

hxxp:shareyard.com [nonactive]
hxxp:http:// [nonactive]

madfiddler

Quote from: babjusi on May 15, 2008, 10:36:07 PM

Hiya,

Don't think I've converted to utf8 yet. Pretty sure of that. Any quick way I can find out?

Thanks,

m

aussie86

i've got the same issue "Dublicate Ads Appear !" how do we fix this?

Thanx for your help :D cheers

babjusi

Quote from: madfiddler on May 16, 2008, 06:01:14 AM
Quote from: babjusi on May 15, 2008, 10:36:07 PM

Hiya,

Don't think I've converted to utf8 yet. Pretty sure of that. Any quick way I can find out?

Thanks,

m

You can check the default language at Server Settings in the acp of your forum

bjraines

I jsut did an install of ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip   on a clean 1.1.5 install and my everything passed on install yet I don't have a menu link in my admin section.

bjraines

This version did not work for me either

Advertisement: