Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sombra

ok hello. first i got to say nice mod good job.

i have it installed and working great on theme default but i got a problem i want it to work on other theme darkbreak and i read on som post before i need to edit 3 files that are ./Themes/default/

looking for them i only found one for the darbreak theme and my problem is that looking on the code i need to edit some lines are mising and i will need to ask whay can i do the first one is ok i fount it and added after the code that it told me

but then i went to the second one...

<div class="windowbg2 clearfix">';

and cant find it if sombody can tell me what to do

then i have the 3 one tha is

echo '
         </div>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i founded 2 that are almost the same

echo '
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>
      <div id="bdy-l">
         <div id="bdy-r">
            <div id="bdy-tl">
               <div id="bdy-tr">
                  <div id="bodyarea">';

// Show the navigation tree.
   theme_linktree();

}

function template_body_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '
                  </div>
               </div>
            </div>
         </div>
      </div>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must....

so were do i need to edit to be more exact?

then i went loooking for the 4 one and didint fount it either

template_menu();

hope somone can help me hehe i dont know nothing about php but im triying :D

i havent figured out this problem if someone can help me

thanks

riker

Screws my default theme up on beta4 and RC1 - see attachment.

Both sites are on different servers/hosts and both used the newest version of the mod

hartiberlin

I got it to work on SMF 2.0B4,
but now SMF 2.0 RC1 is out.

Does the Ads MOD need a change now ?

Will the SMF 2.0B4 Mod version also work with
SMF 2.0 RC1  ?

Many thanks.

riker

Quote from: hartiberlin on February 06, 2009, 12:20:12 AM
I got it to work on SMF 2.0B4,
but now SMF 2.0 RC1 is out.

Does the Ads MOD need a change now ?

Will the SMF 2.0B4 Mod version also work with
SMF 2.0 RC1  ?

Many thanks.

Does everything as before with me including the top right part of the theme screw up

alex30

Can anyone help me?

Quote from: alex30 on January 29, 2009, 02:49:20 PM
Guys, I have a question for you. How to remove ads from "registration page"?

I want to have that page without ads on the right.

Here is how it looks now - http://aquatropicalfish.com/forum/index.php?action=register

Thanks for help.

coucnilhomeswap

Quote from: godfly on February 04, 2009, 05:50:57 PM
I am experiencing the same problem described by the user below.

I have a fresh install of SMF 1.1.7 with SimplePortal  2.1.1.

After I install this Ad Management Mod, I noticed that it added an extra space under Configuration but it's an empty space. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling all mods but it's still the same thing.

There are no restrictions on my server so it's not a server issue.

Quote from: tanner6565 on February 04, 2009, 01:39:20 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a member of the admin that would be willing to log in to my site as an administrator and see why the ad management mod is not working.

Here is a copy the orginal post:-

I have installed the ad management mod version 1-1-x_v2-3, but the problem is it will not show up in the configuration section? I have also tried other versions of this mod but it says that they are incompatable to the version of SMF i am using which is 1.1.7.

I have tried installing this loads of times and only ever getting to to work once. When it worked the first time i closed the webpage down and went back in to the site later on and it had gone? But it was still installed.

I have had a look at the code behind the mod but I am no good at PHP what so ever.

I am installing it on the default theme but still nothing. So i am asking if anyone else on here has had the same problem and could help me out.

Cheers

Many thanks

to be quite honest it seems your are missing some language strings. im not sure its just a guess. the mod creator might be able to help better but remember they are quiet busy

KirkhamsEbooks

Couldn't get the mod to work when loaded with fantastico, but 2.0 using install.php works great.

Your mod may help feed my family and I thank you. Is there somewhere I can make a donation when I get my first ppc check?

Rick

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: KirkhamsEbooks on February 06, 2009, 08:11:53 PM
Is there somewhere I can make a donation when I get my first ppc check?

Rick

You can find his paypal donation button at his site.
http://www.smfads.com/forums/

Mystery?

Are there any plans of updating this mod for SMF 2.0 RC1?
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

KirkhamsEbooks

I'm running it on 2.0 right now

Rick

riker

Quote from: KirkhamsEbooks on February 07, 2009, 02:51:58 AM
I'm running it on 2.0 right now

Rick

Well it looks like I was right because he's working on a update.  He said the script was written with 1.1 in mind which explains the problems with the top right of the default 2.0 beta 4+ themes being messed up

ohioreef

I currently have my ads displayed in the area just to the right of the "Unread posts since last visit" area. There is a white border around the ad banner. Is it possible to completely fill that area and not have a border?

riker

Quote from: ohioreef on February 07, 2009, 10:05:13 AM
I currently have my ads displayed in the area just to the right of the "Unread posts since last visit" area. There is a white border around the ad banner. Is it possible to completely fill that area and not have a border?

All I can tell you is what he told me, he's working on it and the update could be days or months.  He did mention a work around so I'd pop over to his site and ask about that if your in a rush

jay.clark

look at server settings>>Default Forum Language
if you have default language english-utf8 than you just must make another file called Ads.english-utf8.php(same content inside :)

Thanks, seems to have solved my problem, I was set for english-utf8 so switched to english and now I can see the ad manger control panel,  I am kinda wondering what I am going to loose by switching to english from the utf8 flavor, but that may be tomorrows problem, ad manager is GREAT, I am using it to serve News Feeds inside my forum.
SMF 1.11- SMF 2.0 RC2/RC3 - - RSS Feed Poster 2.2,RSS Feeder 1.1.4, Downloads System Pro 1.0.17.1, SMF Classifieds 1.3.5, SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.2, SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum 1.0 Felidae, Aeva Media 1.1b, Ultimate Profile     0.9, Google Analytics Code 1.1, Twitter and Facebook Publisher mod 2.4, Stop Spammer 2.3.7, SMF Links 2.2, Site map 2.1.2, AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1, Ad Management 2.3.6

SMF (Donated) SMF Links (donated) - Ad Manager (donated) - phpMyChat (donated)

KirkhamsEbooks

Do what I do and use a test forum before uploading any mods to your primary forum

Rick

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Mystery? on February 07, 2009, 12:30:12 AM
Are there any plans of updating this mod for SMF 2.0 RC1?
Quote!! :D
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

eric1234

Hi,
   Can somebody help me? I had manually modify the theme and i found that the ads still dun show out in my forum !!
my forum link : www.anixekai.110mb.com

KirkhamsEbooks

Did you use fantstico to install yours? I couldn't get mine to work with a fantastico install. Of course I'm a newbie, but I'll never install anything with fantastico again

Rick

Bigdealer

Heya i am currently using this mod can you tell me please how to center the adverts??

I mean they come to the right and are not centered?

The theme i am using is Avare Mu

The link of my forum is

http://www.eastenderstvsoap.co.uk/Forum/

Please help!! :)

I cant seem to find it anywhere in the ad management area

eric1234

Hi,
   Can somebody help me? I had manually modify the theme and i found that the ads still dun show out in my forum !! What should i do??? !!!!
my forum link : www.anixekai.110mb.com

Advertisement: